Home

How to get a good team??

This is a discussion on How to get a good team?? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Rookie

brifoxdawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to get a good team??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBeats
nah i never spend money on games
Just drop 20 bucks on some stubs. You get 24,000 which is allows you to shop for some solid budget gold players. Get that solid roster going, and grind from that point on.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #10
Banned

oldjim's Arena

I took over the USA and got diddly for it.

How do you get good cards?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by brifoxdawg
Just drop 20 bucks on some stubs. You get 24,000 which is allows you to shop for some solid budget gold players. Get that solid roster going, and grind from that point on.
It's not worth spending all those stubs to get gold players when there are so many inexpensive silver and bronze cards that become gold players each day thanks to inside edge boosts.

Silver Corey Seager, for example, hits better than most Diamond shortstops on a good inside edge day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 11:02 PM   #12
Rookie

Inside edge is your friend. Silvers are dirt cheap and if you have enough of them you should always have lots of players with quality match ups. I have 3-5 players who are silver or better at most positions and on most nights the worst player in my lineup is no worse than an 87. Having guys who can play multiple positions is also key.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #13
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

You could pretty easily build a team of bronzes with the stats of diamonds each day for next to nothing if you wanted. I have a team of gold/diamond players but today my lineup has Randal Grichuk (40 stubs), Stephen Piscotty (150 stubs), Jungho Kang (580 stubs) and Byung Ho Park (70 stubs) in it and they are all absolute studs. Piscotty is always in form it seems

Generally I'd just recommend doing the cheaper 25 man collection missions as they pretty much pay for themselves and you can get great players as rewards, while stockpiling a lot of potentially great bronze players.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #14
Just started!

chuckwatterson's Arena

Conquest is nice because the games are 3 innings. Conquering all of the teams one by one will get you experience and stubs, plus the diamond mission for conquering them all together will get you crazy exp and stubs. If you grind this out while accruing tickets based on your captain mission then its kind of double dipping. You can essentially gain stubs and gain tickets to cash in for better players. Don't get sucked into Diamond/Gold card hype. There are silver players that rake just as much. Eventually Gold and Diamond players can be the focus, but they aren't necessary right away.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #15
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Great info for us noobs! Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Diablo2127's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBeats
nah i never spend money on games
No ??? Then good luck putting together a great team if ur that into the game spend a few bums a week if ya can it does not have to be hundreds like a lot of people I see I spent 50 bucks a week when I got paid for about 6 weeks and I'm very happy with my team I have Trout,Harper , Donaldson and Arrieta good luck

Last edited by Diablo2127; 05-22-2016 at 02:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »