Home

Kind of Obnoxious

This is a discussion on Kind of Obnoxious within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kind of Obnoxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Haha funny you bring up the bunting. I finally saw the white whale last night. I knew this team and perfect d bag owner to run it must exist. The team was made up of only guys like Dee Gordan, Brantley, Carl Crawford(FB), Lofton, Ichiro etc... And he bunted about 90% of the time. He was getting bunt hits against the bunt defense half the time. Then once on base he just stole around to third and bunted them in. The most frustrating part was he rarely drag bunted. Their bunt ratings were so high they placed perfect bunts while sacrifice bunting every time lol. Very frustrating game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing more obnoxious than these kinds of players is when they they're spamming the bunt button before you throw the pitch, it's like they know they're annoying and want to be even worse human beings. It was really annoying at first but I've learned to ignore it. These guys are trash at hitting and they know it.

In addition to the OP suggesting different tiers of ranked I wish we could stick all these kinds of players in their own unique MLB hell so the only people they can do this to is each other. I'm not against bunts, these things actually happen, it's just way too easily abused in this game in addition to the super base-running+slow fielding, even with bunt defense on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
What was the final if you don't mind me asking? I have Ichiro and my created player are both highly skilled in bunting and stealing bases. I won't cheese and bunt every time but if I don't see the third baseman in on the grass, you bet your *** I'm going to be laying down a bunt. The success rate should go down though, I agree. I'm always up for a fair matchup. Add me on PSN

9-1 I think? He got 5 runs in the first before I even really knew what was happening haha. I was able to limit it a bit after that but the team was just too perfect for that strategy. It seemed like every time I went into bunt defense he either slapped it past my infield(a normal out) or he bunted anyway and it was still a hit smh.

I mean I guess I can't really blame him. He built a perfect team to take advantage of weakness of the gsme. Bunts are just way more perfect than they should be on a regular basis. I think in all that bunting he only bunted 1 or 2 foul.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:32 PM   #27
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

What about throwing it high and inside? I played a guy who wasn't very disciplined at the plate. He tried to bunt with all of his speed guys and I just threw it up and in, resulting in either a pop out or strike out.

I have Seager at third base and he has an awesome glove but his arm strength isn't the best. I might have to invest in a more solid third baseman to combat these jokers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #28
Pro

dynastynation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
What about throwing it high and inside? I played a guy who wasn't very disciplined at the plate. He tried to bunt with all of his speed guys and I just threw it up and in, resulting in either a pop out or strike out.

I have Seager at third base and he has an awesome glove but his arm strength isn't the best. I might have to invest in a more solid third baseman to combat these jokers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Somehow, pitches high and in still get bunted perfectly down the line a lot of the time. What I've been doing is just throwing big curveballs in the dirt and fastballs at eye level. That seems to work pretty well. I just finished a game vs a guy and I won 4-2. He scored both runs in the first on back-to-back bunts and then an error and didn't get another hit until the 8th inning... and he continued trying to bunt with his 1-3 hitters all game.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #29
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastynation
Somehow, pitches high and in still get bunted perfectly down the line a lot of the time. What I've been doing is just throwing big curveballs in the dirt and fastballs at eye level. That seems to work pretty well. I just finished a game vs a guy and I won 4-2. He scored both runs in the first on back-to-back bunts and then an error and didn't get another hit until the 8th inning... and he continued trying to bunt with his 1-3 hitters all game.
Yeah this game has no concept of how hard bunting is, especially on high pitches
Old 05-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 2

100 mph FB up and in and he drags it perfectly. Really hope it's addressed but I have a feeling that, like catchers popping instantly out of their crouch, it's probably so deep in the code they'll never fix it.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The last two weeks of this month are when I've really started to feel like every team I play is completely stacked with so many diamond cards that they're bringing in Paul Goldschmidt and Nolan Arenado to pinch hit.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to play the online head to head mode anymore because the odds are stacked against me in 80% of my games.

There are three problems that have caused easily stacked lineups this year:

1) An opening week glitch that allowed people to receive division and league collection rewards without completing the entire set.

2) Play a Friend & Extra Innings modes are being exploited to farm mission XP. In hindsight, Sony should have disabled mission XP for these two modes.

3) The tax on marketplace transactions is not high enough, making it too easy to flip cards for quick profits.

I wish there was a version of Battle Royale that didn't have an entry fee, so I could just play that instead and have evenly matched lineups every game.

But there's no way I'm wasting 1,500 stubs to get a trash pack of cards plus some scrub bronze player and a flashback Gordon Beckham.

They should release a ranked Battle Royale mode with no bonus rewards and online leaderboards for all the people who are tired of playing against teams that have Trout and Harper hitting in the 7th and 8th spots.
1 - There were multiple glitches in the first month or so that really led to this. The completion missions, the 3x innings people got for playing conquest, etc.

2 - You just aren't stopping this. And really, I'm not sure why you would. People are playing the game, people are spending money. Beyond that, you aren't stopping this anytime soon. Tie up those two loose ends and people will figure out another way to farm xp points. Besides, I don't really think that's killing the game anyway.

3 - The tax is already high enough. You tax it any higher and the market is going to die. Besides, the tax isn't so people don't develop super teams, the tax is there so stubs get taken out of the marketplace.

I understand the frustration of people having stacked teams by spending tons of money, but I think SDS did a decent job to combat that this year. How? By the grinding missions. As I had time off from work and was in the middle of a huge move, I had a ton of time to play the game this year.

My lineup currently has these FB Diamonds: Fielder, Kinsler, Larkin, Beltre, Berra, Gywnn, Ichiro, Bautista, Holliday, Murray, Papelabon, Zobrist, Brett, Carew, Wagner, Dawson, Banks. . . I have 3 total diamond LIVE players (Arenado, Rizzo, and Betances) How much money did I spend? 50 bucks when I didn't realize that packs sucked so hard.

In addiction to inside edge, that would allow me to complete with anyone if I didn't suck so hard at the game. (I don't play a ton of online, the computer on all star is challenging and fun, I don't feel the need to play online)

With all of that said, I agree 100% about how the search engine should work. I don't think the minor league tier system is correct. It should match up teams with their ratings. It would make things a lot more enjoyable and add a layer of strategy for people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #32
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
2 - You just aren't stopping this. And really, I'm not sure why you would. People are playing the game, people are spending money. Beyond that, you aren't stopping this anytime soon. Tie up those two loose ends and people will figure out another way to farm xp points. Besides, I don't really think that's killing the game anyway.
Except they arent playing the game, they are just bunting back and forth with one another so they finish games quick, it has nothing to do with xp points, thats easy to get, they are breezing through the innings missions way too easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »