Home

Zone Hitting

This is a discussion on Zone Hitting within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Zone Hitting

Basically, really really struggling to hit at the moment.

But my location and timing with the zone has been better than ever.

I will guess, get and time the fastball up, pop up. Wait back on a Changeup and crush it? Line out!

It's driving my crazy and I need advice, do you guys hit with zone like real baseball and pick a pitch and react with two strikes, Center swing? Just use directional, stride no stride? I'm completely lost!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Zone Hitting

I have a zone hitting tips for those struggling ( name of the thread) somewhere on the board. Might work for you?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Zone is the most rewarding and realistic hitting system, but it's also by far the most challenging. I started using it last year and sucked for a while, but eventually got the hang of it and now I can hit over .300 with most hitters and mash tons of homers. That's not to say I don't struggle though, because I definitely do. A lot. I'll have some games where I crush everything and can't be stopped, and I'll have games where I pop everything up. I do hit a lot of liners straight at people which is frustrating, but that's baseball. Personally, I like starting the PCI high in the zone so I can hit the high fastball. It's much easier to sit fastball and adjust to offspeed stuff than vise versa. I have a vicious tendency of pulling the PCI down even when the pitch is up though, which seems to be a pretty common bad habit throughout the community. I've still found it to be the most consistent approach though. I recommend going into batting practice and trying it out. Also, this is easier said than done, but lay off curves and changeups in the dirt. A lot of players will spam them repeatedly until you prove you're disciplined enough to take them. Good luck!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #4
Rig
Rookie

Rig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie24
Zone is the most rewarding and realistic hitting system, but it's also by far the most challenging.
This is absolutely the truth. I've found more consistent success with zone hitting than I have any other hitting style in the game. I'd put up maybe 2-3 runs per game using directional and got really frustrated seeing good timing yet completely whiffing on a pitch. Now on zone hitting I'll put up 3-5 runs on average and it takes a good amount of pressure off of my pitching and I no longer feel I have to be perfect with every pitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »