Home

Ratings Boost Predictions (6/17/16)

This is a discussion on Ratings Boost Predictions (6/17/16) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #9
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings Boost Predictions (6/17/16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
He's top 5 in baseball in HRs, #3 in the AL, top 5 in RBIs, top 5 in runs, surely his power could be upgraded to make him gold.
It would be tough to get him to diamond through Pwr vsR alone. He's an 81, and I don't think bumping him to 99 would be enough to get him 2 points OVR (plus, his stats don't warrant it). You'd likely need to boost his Con vsR and Pwr vsR both to 99 to do it, and that definitely isn't realistic.

I'd argue that his Con vsL deserves a downgrade. If you look at my Michael Saunders example, Saunders is currently nearly identical to Cano in Con vsL (61 vs 66 for Cano) despite hitting nearly 100 points higher versus lefties IRL (.313 vs .227). Saunders also has a much lower Pwr vsL than Cano (46 vs 56) despite having more HR IRL (6 vs 4) and nearly 300 points better (!) SLG vs lefties (.688 vs .392).

I'd love to see Cano go diamond, but I think it's more likely his numbers vs lefties will be dropped, making it harder to boost him to diamond levels.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdclark
It would be tough to get him to diamond through Pwr vsR alone. He's an 81, and I don't think bumping him to 99 would be enough to get him 2 points OVR (plus, his stats don't warrant it). You'd likely need to boost his Con vsR and Pwr vsR both to 99 to do it, and that definitely isn't realistic.

I'd argue that his Con vsL deserves a downgrade. If you look at my Michael Saunders example, Saunders is currently nearly identical to Cano in Con vsL (61 vs 66 for Cano) despite hitting nearly 100 points higher versus lefties IRL (.313 vs .227). Saunders also has a much lower Pwr vsL than Cano (46 vs 56) despite having more HR IRL (6 vs 4) and nearly 300 points better (!) SLG vs lefties (.688 vs .392).

I'd love to see Cano go diamond, but I think it's more likely his numbers vs lefties will be dropped, making it harder to boost him to diamond levels.
He would already be a diamond if it weren't for his defensive downgrade. If they give him those defensive stats back, he'll easily be a diamond.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
He's top 5 in baseball in HRs, #3 in the AL, top 5 in RBIs, top 5 in runs, surely his power could be upgraded to make him gold.
He deserves to be a diamond. That much I think we can all agree on. I was just saying that unless they changed his fielding back to what it was plus increase some of his Con/Pow vs R, I doubt he'll get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #12
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
He would already be a diamond if it weren't for his defensive downgrade. If they give him those defensive stats back, he'll easily be a diamond.
I haven't watched a Mariners game yet this year, so I can only assume that the drop to his defensive ratings was warranted. Can you (or anybody) let me know whether this is the case?

My point, in response to a request to boost his Pwr vsR rating to make him diamond, was that it wasn't mathematically possible to make him a diamond with that one stat, and that there was no realistic offensive stat boost that would do the job, while an offensive stat reduction was likely in order based on his performance vs lefties. Maybe the defensive change should be reverted, but the stats just don't seem to support the jump to diamond.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 2

I haven't watched him much either but he was always around the caliber of a gold glove second basemen. Has he regressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #14
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I haven't watched him much either but he was always around the caliber of a gold glove second basemen. Has he regressed?

Gold Gloves are a popularity contest, not so much the last few years but they still arent great. Hes pretty much average defensively at this point.

Theres also 3 second baseman putting up similar or better seasons than he has that are gold, Murphy, Zobrist or Kinsler. Cano going diamond isnt as pressing as people make it out to be.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Gold Gloves are a popularity contest, not so much the last few years but they still arent great. Hes pretty much average defensively at this point.

Theres also 3 second baseman putting up similar or better seasons than he has that are gold, Murphy, Zobrist or Kinsler. Cano going diamond isnt as pressing as people make it out to be.
Like the saying goes, "He doesn't hit enough to win a gold glove". It is the same thing in the NBA. Kobe was making All NBA first team defence years after he ever should have

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #16
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

They dont translate rbis or runs to any specific attributes in this game so those stats are moot.

Cano was overrated defensively last year on this game. Out of like 100 plus 2b I think he was the highest when guys like Kipnis who have better def metrics had like 67 fielding.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »