Home

Update 06-17

This is a discussion on Update 06-17 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Update 06-17

They where quick to drop Prince Fielder from silver to bronze & he's having a simular season to Stanton.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #18
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I could be the only one who could care less whether or not these updates make sense. A Stanton downgrade would definitely help me as I'm trying to complete the Marlins collection but I know I'll eventually be able to do it.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmbamm
They where quick to drop Prince Fielder from silver to bronze & he's having a simular season to Stanton.
Hell they were quick to knock Votto from diamond and though he has had a bad year, he still is doing better than Stanton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #20
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
Hell they were quick to knock Votto from diamond and though he has had a bad year, he still is doing better than Stanton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Ditto Tulo.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #21
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdclark
Ditto Tulo.
Tulos quick demotion made sense, he was awful to begin the year and he was never really deserving of being diamond in the first place as he was pretty mediocre last year and at the beginning of a pretty visible decline. Votto was coming off a massive year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #22
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Tulos quick demotion made sense, he was awful to begin the year and he was never really deserving of being diamond in the first place as he was pretty mediocre last year and at the beginning of a pretty visible decline. Votto was coming off a massive year.
I think they were justified starting Tulo at diamond - he was still himself before he was traded to the Jays, and then he finished the season with a broken shoulder blade courtesy of Kevin Pillar's Titanium Chin. As far as a decline, I dunno - it was such a sharp change, you gotta feel like there's something wrong, as opposed to just being on the decline. Sadly, it's starting to feel like there will always be something wrong with Tulo (although he will always be "not Jose Reyes" - nobody can take that away from him!)

My point was just that they were quick to (correctly!) ID Tulo as "no longer deserving of his rank" whereas they seem oblivious to Stanton's struggles.

Oh - and Saunders hit another HR tonight. He has the fourth-highest slugging in the AL this season, fifth in OPS... Glad he's still a bronze!

EDIT: Saunders just homered again. It was against Ubaldo Jimenez though so I'm not sure whether it should count.

EDIT EDIT: Hat trick!! 3 HR, 8 RBI for the Bronze Bomber tonight! If they're not going to give Stanton's diamond to Cano, they should give it to Saunders.

Last edited by srdclark; 06-17-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #23
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdclark
I think they were justified starting Tulo at diamond - he was still himself before he was traded to the Jays, and then he finished the season with a broken shoulder blade courtesy of Kevin Pillar's Titanium Chin. As far as a decline, I dunno - it was such a sharp change, you gotta feel like there's something wrong, as opposed to just being on the decline. Sadly, it's starting to feel like there will always be something wrong with Tulo (although he will always be "not Jose Reyes" - nobody can take that away from him!)

My point was just that they were quick to (correctly!) ID Tulo as "no longer deserving of his rank" whereas they seem oblivious to Stanton's struggles.

Oh - and Saunders hit another HR tonight. He has the fourth-highest slugging in the AL this season, fifth in OPS... Glad he's still a bronze!

EDIT: Saunders just homered again. It was against Ubaldo Jimenez though so I'm not sure whether it should count.
Yeah I wasnt necessarily disagreeing with much. They are very erratic with changes, almost in a nonsensical manner. Saunders definitely deserves a boost.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
His discipline should drop, it should have never been that high to begin with. There is 80 something players that swing at pitches out of the zone less than him, that doesnt warrant a 99 discipline.
His walk rate hasn't really taken much of a hit so why would they drop it? If you're looking for something to drop, its vision, not discipline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »