Home

Anyone else feel...

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #9
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone else feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
This is slightly off topic but I think it may relate a bit---I've wondered why when you click "generate lineup" they don't always pick the highest rated guy at each position. I used to go change it manually but lately I've left it alone, and noticed the guys I leave in are hitting really well.

For example, having Mookie at 2B when I have FB Zobrist/Cano/Sandberg or FB Sandoval at catcher instead of Carter/Berra.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if there's some more secret stuff I'm not aware of...
The reason the game does this, someone like Mookie, who has an IE of 94 playing RF. If you were offline and changed him to 2nd base, and added his IE to his attribute points, he would be a 99 overall second basemen, even with the penalty in fielding, so the game, well take into account how good of a hitter and the speed mookie has, and play him over someone like Cano, since Mookie is actually playing second base at a 99 level, and Cano would be at a 96
Old 06-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #10
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
The reason the game does this, someone like Mookie, who has an IE of 94 playing RF. If you were offline and changed him to 2nd base, and added his IE to his attribute points, he would be a 99 overall second basemen, even with the penalty in fielding, so the game, well take into account how good of a hitter and the speed mookie has, and play him over someone like Cano, since Mookie is actually playing second base at a 99 level, and Cano would be at a 96
Ahhh great point, I had forgotten to think of that
Old 06-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #11
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Ahhh great point, I had forgotten to think of that
Half my line up I play out of position to maximize their attribute. Lot 's of fun trying to find the hidden gems. Someone told me about Mookie about 2 weeks ago, bought him for 7K stubs, and he is anywhere from a 94 overall noon inside edge to a 99 on 5 star. Pretty good bargain compared to Altuve at 55K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 07:45 AM   #12
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0

I honestly feel like it's all connection based. I've had some of my best offensive games against the highest rated and best players I gone against because the game runs really smooth and I can actually hit. I go on long streaks in DD where every game is like dropping frames or just plain lagging and I can't do anything. I swear I would mercy rule 90% of the dudes I play if the game would just play smoothly.

everyone just throws high fastballs and changeups beneath the zone and i'm completely helpless if the game isn't running well. a lot of the times in the games the is literally no chance to react to any pitch, you pretty much have to just swing as soon as the ball leaves the pitchers hand and hope its a fastball into your pci.

but then again I did just have a game where every green good contact I got was a line out or a pop up. I popped up a meatball right down the middle the the very middle of my PCI directly on the ball, stuff like that just makes me want to stop playing online. especially when i'm watching my opponent get ridiculously lucky with broken bat and bloop singles.

Last edited by Biizz713; 06-24-2016 at 07:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »