Home

I give up on playing the market.

This is a discussion on I give up on playing the market. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2016, 01:03 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I give up on playing the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
I realize this is me just complaining but let me vent. I was sitting on 5 Xander boagarts for a while now. Spent around 3-4K on each. I had been sitting on him for a while now and I figured if he went diamond it wouldn't be until after the all star break and I figured I'd cash in last night on th bump in his price based on the updates thinking if anything he would get a bump of 1-2 this week if at all. Sold them all for around 9.5k still a good return on investment but I wake up this morning to see him bumped to 93 and now going for 22k+. I'm just sick to my stomach for pulling the trigger last night. I suck. Rant over.
If it makes you feel any better I just won and then lost 15k playing online blackjack today
Old 06-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #18
Rookie

So with whatever loop hole someone found and was deemed "cheating" it appears trading online will not be available on the show nation. Think this will bring some market stability and lower prices with the "day traders" gone ?
Old 06-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #19
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
So with whatever loop hole someone found and was deemed "cheating" it appears trading online will not be available on the show nation. Think this will bring some market stability and lower prices with the "day traders" gone ?
Market activity has definitely seemed to slow down a little bit. I honestly have no idea how this will affect things, it may make people less patient because they have less time around the game but I also don't think less activity necessarily means lower prices.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

when you guys grind innings you actually play the games out instead of boosting with a friend....?
PF: Rodman/Worthy/Magic
C: McHale/Sanders
wanted:PENNY, Sam Jones, LJ, a gold Center, and of course... AI
XBOX ET
On the quest for 1,000,000 vc
last checkpoint: 300k
Going to be away from Xbox until 7/22 :(
Old 07-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #21
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Between Cano, Andrew Miller, Longoria and some others, I'm down over 13,000 stubs. I pretty much suck and buying and selling for a profit. It seems any big buy I do starts going down immediately. I guess all I can do is hope those guys go back up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #22
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Between Cano, Andrew Miller, Longoria and some others, I'm down over 13,000 stubs. I pretty much suck and buying and selling for a profit. It seems any big buy I do starts going down immediately. I guess all I can do is hope those guys go back up.
In general, players are cheapest on Friday and Saturday, when the new packs come out and all the "investors" desperately try to sell all their players that either did or didn't get upgraded. Then on Thursdays prices are probably highest, as people try and "invest" in people who they think will go up the next day. I'm not a fan of investing at all though, flipping is easier and far lower risk
Old 07-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Sometimes you just got to sell right away and not hold looking for more profit. Take the profit you can get lol. If I buy a Dee Gordon for 8000 and he's selling for 11500 now but he was selling for 12500 yesterday I'm not gonna wait, I'm gonna sell him right there at 11499
Old 07-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #24
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmadden82
when you guys grind innings you actually play the games out instead of boosting with a friend....?
Yes, I buy games to play the actual game, not to waste hours bunting back and forth for some ****ty in game reward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »