Home

I give up on playing the market.

This is a discussion on I give up on playing the market. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #25
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I give up on playing the market.

I didn't wait. Right when I bought Longo, his price kept dropping. I couldn't even keep up with it and within like 3 min, he was selling for less than I bought him for. Same thing happened with Miller. Cano didn't go diamond and his value plummeted. I'd prefer to at least break even so I have to hold onto these cards now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #26
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yes, I buy games to play the actual game, not to waste hours bunting back and forth for some ****ty in game reward.
this was my mindset but I've recently changed, once I calculated how much you can get from a combination of quick sell and emptying your collection out. it's painful as **** but I've been doing it with someone here while watching baseball to make the time pass. I'm so much closer to finishing the entire AL now because of it, but I can 1000000% understand if this isn't someone's cup of tea. I figured one week of solid grinding and I'll be better off for the next few months

I still have to do 17 games with an all Cleveland lineup so I'll probably jump off a cliff sometime during the 9th
Old 07-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #27
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Cano was 10k this afternoon so i just had to buy another one.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #28
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
this was my mindset but I've recently changed, once I calculated how much you can get from a combination of quick sell and emptying your collection out. it's painful as **** but I've been doing it with someone here while watching baseball to make the time pass. I'm so much closer to finishing the entire AL now because of it, but I can 1000000% understand if this isn't someone's cup of tea. I figured one week of solid grinding and I'll be better off for the next few months

I still have to do 17 games with an all Cleveland lineup so I'll probably jump off a cliff sometime during the 9th
I just like being a dick haha. But some of those innings are way too much. Its funny because most of the better teams have less innings needed as well. I really dont blame people for finding a work around, I could just never do it, it would bore me to death. They need to clean it up a bit, 1500 innings with the Phillies and stuff like that is just ridiculous.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #29
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I just like being a dick haha. But some of those innings are way too much. Its funny because most of the better teams have less innings needed as well. I really dont blame people for finding a work around, I could just never do it, it would bore me to death. They need to clean it up a bit, 1500 innings with the Phillies and stuff like that is just ridiculous.
1750 innings with Cleveland is something I can't even begin to comprehend, it's the worst. And yeah, how they chose innings requirement doesn't quite make sense to me. Completing the Rockies is an easy Matt Holliday (Aka 5K stubs)
Old 07-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #30
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
1750 innings with Cleveland is something I can't even begin to comprehend, it's the worst. And yeah, how they chose innings requirement doesn't quite make sense to me. Completing the Rockies is an easy Matt Holliday (Aka 5K stubs)
1500 with the Phillies is worst, because at least the Indians have a fair few players you might want to use, I don't think the Phillies have a single player who I'd even consider using (I think I have had Herrera on my bench because he's a utility man with speed, but that's about it) 1400 with the Braves is a bit brutal as well
Old 07-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #31
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Ton of games but at least you can field a decent enough team to play with, lots of golds and silvers. Although if youre just doing the bunting thing I guess that part doesnt matter.

Im also weird and keep everyone. I have one copy of every player in the game pretty much haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #32
Rookie

ArtificialPain's Arena

The amount of innings is directly related to the first guy you unlock, but it's not consistent...

Santana (90) - 1750 innings...
Drew (89), Victorino (89), Latos (89), Sandoval (89) - 1500 innings

And as you go down in rank, the less innings needed...

LaRoche (85), Bichette (85), Craig (83) - 700 innings

It's inconsistent in that Toronto is 1150 innings for an 80 Joe Carter and the Rays are 850 innings for an 85 Wil Myers...

I haven't grinded the Phillies yet, as I dread the 1500 and, as stated, I don't care to use any of them...My worst grinds so far have been the Padres, Reds and Rays...For me, those were brutal as I couldn't hit with them very well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »