Home

SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit

This is a discussion on SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #73
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SDS ban hammer thousdans for exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
I still think this is a blunder from a PR perspective. If they have been monitoring people for weeks and notice certain accounts making a little extra here and there, then give them a slap on the wrist message. If the behavior persist then ban the account. This random post with a lot of ambiguity about no-no's the day before massive bans, and with no time to correct past actions or behavior, was a little chicken ****. Then not taking the time to answer the user questions with specifics is even more unprofessional. They obviously look the data up to give the generic you did the exploit x times for $x.xx to make the top 1%, so call them out and give the examples. Finally I think there should be a general email that anyone can send an inquiry to see if they are in the 99% or done some other action worth banning, might not get an immediate response but eventually.

I'm not touching the pandora box of killing terrorist...
Why should users get a slap on the wrist for exploiting the game? If someone is cheating and knowingly exploiting the game. You shouldn't get a warning or a second chance. You took that risk. Deal with the consequences. (Not saying you, saying anyone caught)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
Why should users get a slap on the wrist for exploiting the game? If someone is cheating and knowingly exploiting the game. You shouldn't get a warning or a second chance. You took that risk. Deal with the consequences. (Not saying you, saying anyone caught)

The important words there are "knowingly."

I have been banned and I never took any action designed to get me free stubs. For one thing, just like last year, I am able to steadily collect cards and complete my sets just by playing the market. And my transaction history will show I spend hundreds of hours on the game doing just that.

I cannot accept that you would believe that if there were a few transactions here and there that triggered the glitch that I did so on purpose.

Again, I am certain you will find two groups of players caught up in this:

Group 1:

Cancelled queue of buy orders from computer that contained both buys and sells;
The buy orders were set at the current market price;
The queue was not re-set and then re-deleted after this happened - in other words, this "glitch" would only appear randomly for these people within their history.

These are not intentional cheaters.

Group 2:

Cancelled queue of buy orders from computer that contained only buy orders;
Buy orders were for well above market price (meaning, they were not intending them to actually go through);
The queue was re-set and then re-deleted, and so on - accumulating stubs over and over.

These are the cheaters.

Both groups would be marked by the sweep.

Many people on these forums and others (and many who we know in real life, etc.) are heavy traders and have the profile of Group 1 - yet without any chance to find out what exactly triggered the ban, and without knowing the methodology (or even that the actual data was further analyzed to determine which Group the player belongs in) we cannot be confident of the result.

As of now, I am certain most of the banned posters are simply high-volume traders and a small percentage are straight cheaters.

So, you are saying to all those that were caught "deal with it, you deserve it," when it is clear a number of people swept up in this were not cheating.

Just saying SDS can do whatever they want per the TOC doesn't mean that what they are doing is valid. In this case, they have not been transparent as to what they have detected and how they can be sure they have filtered out Group 1's from being banned. Instead, they (at least per Ramone) simply say, "we are 100% sure" yet they do not elaborate one bit on why they are so sure. And again, these people who claim they are 100% sure are the same people that developed the game with many bugs (not complaining) and many glitches - including stubs and card giveaway glitches. I don't believe SDS has earned the right to simply say, "It is - because we say so."

Last edited by oski96; 06-29-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 AM   #75
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

I play the market aggressively. On phone, computer and in game. I have not been banned. So I'm sure it's not just certain ways I have deleted orders compared to how others have. I have posted 20 order At a time. And deleted them instantly. Or flipped cards while in game from my phone. Tons of people claiming to have done nothing wrong. But have been banned. So obviously there is something different then the way my friends and I have all used the market opposed to how you and the other "innocent claimers" may have done.

But to my original post. If you knowingly did it. Deal with it. For you or anyone else who may actually be innocent. I hope justice prevails. But the TOC covers there *** to do as they will. If you feel like you have been wronged. Do the smart thing. Boycott the product.

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 06-29-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #76
Banned

Steven78's Arena

If only SDS cared as much about the baserunning issues, the fielding issues, the bunting issues in the actual gameplay.

They only care cuz they lost money.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #77
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
If you feel like you have been wronged. Do the smart thing. Boycott the product.
You can't fire me, I quit!

This is just a no win for Sony. They do what they think is best, but at the risk of losing thousands of customers.
The Show is the one game that cannot afford that.
Sometimes doing the right the thing means doing the hard thing.

Syracuse #44
Old 06-29-2016, 01:18 AM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
If only SDS cared as much about the baserunning issues, the fielding issues, the bunting issues in the actual gameplay.

They only care cuz they lost money.
They lost money?
Old 06-29-2016, 01:18 AM   #79
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
They lost money?
People getting free stubs vs actually paying for them.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
People getting free stubs vs actually paying for them.
Why do they have to pay for them? They can easily get them by playing games, flipping cards. Also they will probably make money because with card prices increasing & the % of "legit" stubs dwindles and you start seeing all the great cards going for over 100K stubs and people buying more stubs due to the inflation created with this exploit (just like last year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »