Home

Throw Cancelling is Absolutely Terrible

This is a discussion on Throw Cancelling is Absolutely Terrible within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Throw Cancelling is Absolutely Terrible

Throw cancelling animations are dumb. I should be able to fake a throw and then throw where I want to quicker. I get it shouldn't be abused but I don't know why there has to be a ****ing 3 second recovery time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: Throw Cancelling is Absolutely Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Throw cancelling animations are dumb. I should be able to fake a throw and then throw where I want to quicker. I get it shouldn't be abused but I don't know why there has to be a ****ing 3 second recovery time.
Agreed, a lot of the throwing animations are very delayed if you dont do exactly what the game thinks/wants you to do, i know thats kind of a seperate issue but figured id add that in.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Agreed, a lot of the throwing animations are very delayed if you dont do exactly what the game thinks/wants you to do, i know thats kind of a seperate issue but figured id add that in.
The key to the throwing delay is to try and time the start of your throwing input along with the start of the fielding animation, if you can do that they will flow nicely together, to early or late, and you get stuck in the long throwing delay animation.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

Yeah, you guys are right. And in these instances, it was definitely my fault and a brain fart, but I was suuuuuper frustrated that I couldn't recover when I clearly still had time if it wasn't being stupid slow.

Also a nice friendly big **** you Christian Yelich for two errors at the ends of games which directly lead to the other team taking the lead and me losing twice after I hit 11 wins, never draft this bum again!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yeah, you guys are right. And in these instances, it was definitely my fault and a brain fart, but I was suuuuuper frustrated that I couldn't recover when I clearly still had time if it wasn't being stupid slow.

Also a nice friendly big **** you Christian Yelich for two errors at the ends of games which directly lead to the other team taking the lead and me losing twice after I hit 11 wins, never draft this bum again!!!
Yelich is my favorite card, be nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
Yelich is my favorite card, be nice
I think you need to find a new favorite card that isn't the worst card in the history of The Show
Old 06-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
The key to the throwing delay is to try and time the start of your throwing input along with the start of the fielding animation, if you can do that they will flow nicely together, to early or late, and you get stuck in the long throwing delay animation.
The problem with that is on hard hit grounders and such its nearly impossible to do.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
The problem with that is on hard hit grounders and such its nearly impossible to do.
I agree, but since I have noticed this trick, I have spent way more time on focusing on that timing, and it has improved my defense a ton. I have had about 2 hits to the 3rd basemen in the last 7 or 8 games that have not been smooth. (possibly the camera not reacting quick enough) Everything else to the SS 2bag or even grounders to the OF have been perfect.

I also use medium defensive view, and it gives a nice perspective of the play.

I feel it's not perfect, but the best option if you practice and get rid of the preload animation on contact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »