Home

I've just been banned. Please help

This is a discussion on I've just been banned. Please help within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #9
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I've just been banned. Please help

Wait, why would spending money on something he enjoys be a fail? People buy collector's editions all the time. Some people spend way more time on games than others would consider reasonable.

When I was a WoW junkie, I saw this attitude a lot, and I never understood it: Anybody who played more than you, was a no-lifer. Anybody who played less than you, was a noob and a scrub. I knew people who played 50 hours a week, who would make fun of the "losers" who played 60, AND the "losers" who "only" played 40.

Cast those judgmental eyes inward: Who is so obsessed with a video game, that they will lurk on message boards to make fun of people that are similarly obsessed with that same video game, INSTEAD OF PLAYING THAT VIDEO GAME?

You have more in common with the person who spends extra money on a game you both love, than with the person who doesn't play that game at all. To disparage them for loving the game in a different way, is to disparage yourself for loving it at all. Embrace the shared culture that binds you, and respect a difference in expression of a common emotion.

OP: I hope things get sorted out for you. It's the weekend so it may not be resolved quickly, but it seems as if the bulk of the inappropriate bans were eventually reversed.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #10
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Spoiler
This is unnecessary.

It amazes me surrounding a video game when folks put over $100 in it after the sale price; even things like expensive DLC packs (looking at you EA/BF4 at $50+ for premium) seems far too much. Nonetheless, it's not a fail or a facepalm that somebody invested in his/her game more than another. It's there for a reason so I don't blame him for it. Some people buy cars or memorabilia for thousands of dollars when I wouldn't dare...if they have the money and can do it, more power to them.

That said, I'm sure it's heartbreaking OP to know that you spent a lot of time/$$$ to get banned. I would reach out to SCEA via social media and email as a lot of folks that were banned initially had it reversed.

I'm not sure if yours was after the initial banning a couple of weeks back though so maybe anything afterwards is set in stone.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 07-09-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Completely understood.

I just think it's a waste to get a third party involved for a cost rather than to work with SDS on the issue.
I certainly agree - but you assume SDS will start responding to emails, etc. They have not for going on two weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esham313
I would say it would not be worth it due to lawyer fees.
Very reasonable, but to each their own I guess. If it is worth it to this guy, then who's to tell him otherwise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
This reminds me of the man who sued Nike after he nearly curbstomped a man to death.
Nike hadn't warned consumers their shoes could be used as a deadly weapon.
It also reminds me of the guy who sued his cleaners for $54 million . The cleaners lost his pair of pants, causing him $2 million in emotional distress and also the cost of having to rent a car every weekend to drive to a different cleaners.

That said, one man cannot win a case like this. This is the kind of case that only a class action lawsuit has a chance, albeit a flimsy one.
The drycleaner lawsuit was from a former judge who was having mental issues.

I've never heard about the Nike case.

Whether a case qualifies for a class action does not affect the merits. In any event, class actions generally tend to favor only one party - the Plaintiff's attorneys.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #13
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdclark
Wait, why would spending money on something he enjoys be a fail? People buy collector's editions all the time. Some people spend way more time on games than others would consider reasonable.

When I was a WoW junkie, I saw this attitude a lot, and I never understood it: Anybody who played more than you, was a no-lifer. Anybody who played less than you, was a noob and a scrub. I knew people who played 50 hours a week, who would make fun of the "losers" who played 60, AND the "losers" who "only" played 40.

Cast those judgmental eyes inward: Who is so obsessed with a video game, that they will lurk on message boards to make fun of people that are similarly obsessed with that same video game, INSTEAD OF PLAYING THAT VIDEO GAME?

You have more in common with the person who spends extra money on a game you both love, than with the person who doesn't play that game at all. To disparage them for loving the game in a different way, is to disparage yourself for loving it at all. Embrace the shared culture that binds you, and respect a difference in expression of a common emotion.

OP: I hope things get sorted out for you. It's the weekend so it may not be resolved quickly, but it seems as if the bulk of the inappropriate bans were eventually reversed.
yup, not too mention why people get upset when people spend their own money a game. the people complaining have no right to tell that person what he should and should not do with his money. if he wants to spend money on a game he loves then why cant he?
Old 07-09-2016, 06:22 PM   #14
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Are you serious? It's digital. It's also on a game most people will move on from in a year. He can't take anything with them into the real world so comparing it to people buying physical cars that they can drive makes no sense. Also, you get Stubbs just by playing the game and selling cards you get. You don't have to spend a dime extra all you need to do is play the game that you bought in the first place. You can even flip cards and make hundreds to thousands of stubs each time you do. None of that costs extra money. Hell, you get a pack just for logging in every 10 days.

Look, I could see spending maybe like $5-20 or so to get a card or two you want quickly but hundreds of dollars? Come on.

Last edited by Beatles; 07-09-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Are you serious? It's digital. It's also on a game most people will move on from in a year. He can't take anything with them into the real world so comparing it to people buying physical cars that they can drive makes no sense. Also, you get Stubbs just by playing the game and selling cards you get. You don't have to spend a dime extra all you need to do is play the game that you bought in the first place. You can even flip cards and make hundreds to thousands of stubs each time you do. None of that costs extra money. Hell, you get a pack just for logging in every 10 days.

Look, I could see spending maybe like $5-20 or so to get a card or two you want quickly but hundreds of dollars? Come on.
Well it really depends what you value your time at really doesn't it? As if you don't enjoy making stubs on the market then spending maybe 10 hours worth of wages on stubs instead of spending 50 hours on the market is a pretty sensible use of your money. Or if you are cash rich but don't have much free time to waste on the market, then it again obviously makes more sense to use money.

Obviously if you enjoy the market or your time isn't limited or worth anything, then that's a different story, but it's pretty foolish to assume everyone's situation is the same as your own and make judgements about how they should or shouldn't use their time or money.

Last edited by BigOscar; 07-09-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #16
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:

If someone can afford to fly first class who are you to tell them they can't?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »