Home

Pitcher Fatigue in DD - I don't get it.

This is a discussion on Pitcher Fatigue in DD - I don't get it. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Pitcher Fatigue in DD - I don't get it.

Here is what I don't understand (and it kinda really bothers me):

1) Relief Pitchers have carryover fatigue. I guess this is cool - kinda. But when I pitch a reliever for an inning - remove him totally from my lineup for the next 20 games - and then re-insert him only to see he still is recovering from when I used him 20 games ago. Something about that just seems wrong to me.
2) Starting pitchers have NO carryover fatigue. I have had games where 3 out of 4 games I have had the same starting pitcher. I have had games where I can go 10 - 12 games before my best pitcher will pitch [without changing the rotation]. It seems completely random with fatigue and/or rotation not a factor.

At the very least these should be consistent. I could go on and on about how I think fatigue should be handled but that has been covered before so I won't rehash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pitcher Fatigue in DD - I don't get it.

#1 Is to help prevent folks from trying to reset pitcher stamina by taking them off the roster and then re-inserting them.

#2 SP selection is random to help prevent folks from putting in their ace (even when tired) every game. Also in the past guys would play against CPU to replenish the energy of their ace SP so they could start them in online head to head games every time.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Hold on now.

There's actual stamina carry over from game to game in DD? Does this include conquest and whatnot?

I've never even taken the time to notice it and I've played this a LOT since last year. All I know is if you put your created player in your rotation, he can appear in your bullpen as a pinch hitter but he won't have any stamina to pitch (Which I am fine with)

But I wasn't aware starters or bullpens had this...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Stamina is reset in Battler Royale and Conquest. Yeah, a lot of nuances one has to remember in DD.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I wish how the devs handle ONLINE cheese didn't impact how we play OFFLINE. Thanks for the replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

I never really knew. Wow. This might explain why when me and a friend try to get matched up with specific pitchers (Our own), sometimes we come back with the same pitcher every time. This explains it!!!

And yeah I wish they would fix other things, like people grabbing all-lefty lineups and just bunting until you're forced to adjust your defense in stupid ways. Like hey, I should not have to avoid the extreme right setup just because I'm scared that Prince ****ing Fielder will lay a perfect bunt down the 3rd base line every time and my team never reacts fast enough to it.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes. The random selection of your SP is horrible in this mode to the point it gets boring playing with the same pitcher every game.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I wish there were carry over fatigue for position players too. Zunino is my backup C and in 30 games since he's been on my team he has like 5 AB's. Only time he sees action is when I pinch run for Schwarber.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »