Home

Reason why there are Command Missions

This is a discussion on Reason why there are Command Missions within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Reason why there are Command Missions

I think the reason behind this feature (and Captains feature) is to help ensure we don't see the same teams out there every time we play DD. Rackup innings rewards should somehow be separated between Online Head to Head and CPU (or Yetis). If you enjoying playing against the CPU only your reward would be a card that can only be used against the CPU. I'm sure implementation of this would be difficult but I think it would make the game better in the long run.

I suppose they could also have two different versions of the same reward rather than using the CPU only idea. Let's say you are going after Ichiro. If you rackup 700 innings while playing against the CPU Yetis you'll still get Ichiro. If you rackup 700 innings in Online Head to head you'll get Ichiro again but from a different year with slightly different attributes.

Last edited by baseballsim; 07-13-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reason why there are Command Missions

Eh I kinda like the idea for diversity's sake but the reason I don't like Madden and 2k ultimate teams is because there are too many different versions of the same player. Too much stuff in my opinion.

Also, I think there's enough grinding as it is. I've spent an absurd amount of time doing it and I'm still not done. I get this game digitally because I play it to the end but the last 6 months or so are always slower. I don't want to spend 8 months pursuing something I'll barely use the rest of the cycle.

I think no matter what, we will always run into lineups that look similar. Word gets around about who the "good" players are and the elite ones are the ones everyone will always pursue and use the fastest (but legal) means necessary to get there. I know some people just like using whatever they feel but for the most part I think we all ideally want a strong roster.

Last edited by ph33; 07-13-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

You do see a lot of the same players when you get to around 1500 or so. Now, I haven't played ranked in a while so maybe some of the new cards are finding their way on to people's teams.

Used to see a lot of teams with at least 1 of Ichiro, Prince, or Batista.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #4
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Command missions add longevity to the game. Also, lots of people wanted to try DD but don't want to deal with all the nonsense that comes with playing online. This year does that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »