Home

Prime Justin Verlander

This is a discussion on Prime Justin Verlander within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Prime Justin Verlander

Anyone even had a chance at using this guy? Got real lucky and pulled his rookie card. His mission isn't going to be that hard to do, but I just checked his prime attributes, and yikes...

Those are Verlander's pitching attributes as opposed to someone near him, Kershaw (I wanted to compare their 12CV)

Verlander's lack of movement on his pitches just makes it seem like he's easily hittable.

I went to go check out Prime Lincecum and he looks a little better, unfortunately his rookie card is worth a few thousand stubs more.

Last edited by ph33; 07-27-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Prime Justin Verlander

I haven't had a chance to use the Prime Verlander yet, but those stats definitely seem underwhelming. In his Cy Young days, JV had one of the filthiest curveballs in the game. I remember a specific instance when an announcer called it baseball heroin, saying "It's so bad for you, but so hard to lay off". Those stats definitely do not justify that statement.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFried
I haven't had a chance to use the Prime Verlander yet, but those stats definitely seem underwhelming. In his Cy Young days, JV had one of the filthiest curveballs in the game. I remember a specific instance when an announcer called it baseball heroin, saying "It's so bad for you, but so hard to lay off". Those stats definitely do not justify that statement.
Yeah I was able to watch some of a YouTube review (Didn't have the time to watch thoroughly) and it seems like the only redeeming thing about Verlander is his H/9, although a lot of the balls against him seemed to get hit pretty well, just didn't get hit into the right gaps. Against lefties, he looks to be terrible. The running FB apparently doesn't work well, and if his slider and curve don't break much, he's going to get mashed on.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yeah I was able to watch some of a YouTube review (Didn't have the time to watch thoroughly) and it seems like the only redeeming thing about Verlander is his H/9, although a lot of the balls against him seemed to get hit pretty well, just didn't get hit into the right gaps. Against lefties, he looks to be terrible. The running FB apparently doesn't work well, and if his slider and curve don't break much, he's going to get mashed on.
The one thing Verlander has on those other guys you compared him to is velocity. When facing people who don't have quick bats, Verlander will do great. He also has great /9's, so hitters have small PCI's against him.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 07-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Of the two, I absolutely prefer Lincecum over Verlander. I get a lot more swing and miss with Timmy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

Well I finally pitched a game with him, legend conquest against Mariners...went 3 scoreless and allowed 3 hits.

Which TBH is impressive to me lol. Playing that on legend, my guys usually get shelled when I'm up
Old 08-03-2016, 05:11 AM   #7
Rookie

PSimp21's Arena

I am close to unlocking Prime Verlander. Now the debate will be if to sell or keep.....

Probably pitch a game or 4 with him and see if i like him.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #8
Rookie

bravesvolsfan's Arena

I have a bit of a dilemma myself. Prime Verlander is going for 127,000 stubs right now on the market. I have only 1,600 stubs right now. I got lucky and pulled the rookie card and did the missions to get prime Verlander. So, my rotation right now is my 99 ovr created player, Verlander, 94 Blyleven, 91 Gaylord Perry, and 91 Greinke. If I sell Verlander, 87 Keuchel would replace him. Should I sell or keep?

R.I.P. Pat Summitt. There will never be another like you.

Follower of Christ!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »