Home

Battle Royal Ineptitude

This is a discussion on Battle Royal Ineptitude within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Battle Royal Ineptitude

I love this game, I hate this game. I've played BR well over 150 times. I like the concept a lot. However I have never reached 9 wins...ever.

I've been rated as high at 1810 at one point so I feel like I'm at least average, but I have received a total of 1 gold player from BR in all of my attempts. I typically will win between 4-8 per attempt, but 90% of the time it feels like just bad luck. Am I the only one who has played this mode this many times with nothing to show for it?

I'd love for next year to have tier levels for BR based on your overall rating. Maybe you need to play a certain # of games before you can enter. And those who win 12 and 20 games in BR get a big rating boost into the next tier.

Ultimately I would just like get a big reward once in awhile for all the effort I put in. Thanks for listening to me vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: Battle Royal Ineptitude

3 Innings makes games a complete crap shoot most of the time. A random error, some stupid kid bunting and stealing constantly, a bad connection, and all of sudden youve already lost or are out.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Love the mode. Nothing is better than a big time win or clutch out. Mode is full of excitement, nerves, anxiety, frustration, thrill. The furthest I've gotten is 12 wins before the update and that was an extreme emotion roller coaster. The mode is very difficult. I haven't gotten past 10 wins since. It is hard to win 12 games in real life, now throw in the 3 innings and opponent foul play to it even harder to win 12 without losing 2. But I will continue to play because I love the thrill and I will get to 12 wins and a sweet reward one day.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Jonesy8642's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Battle Royal Ineptitude

I've cracked 12 twice, to me BR opens up the game play since rosters are not nearly as stacked. I've found the best way to go at a BR round is to knock it out in a day, draft 5 star guys and boost your lineup.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy8642
I've cracked 12 twice, to me BR opens up the game play since rosters are not nearly as stacked. I've found the best way to go at a BR round is to knock it out in a day, draft 5 star guys and boost your lineup.
Yes you definitely have to do it in one day. I find myself get into a hot streak, win 5 in a row, go to the bathroom for a quick break and then lose 2 in a row. As soon as i take a break on a hot streak I somehow always lose the next game haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

strange thing has happened to me many times. i start the game and before 1 pitch is thrown the opponent just quits giving me the easy win. im thinking ok maybe they have to leave but they are putting up stubs to play so i dont get why it has happened so many times.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp9
strange thing has happened to me many times. i start the game and before 1 pitch is thrown the opponent just quits giving me the easy win. im thinking ok maybe they have to leave but they are putting up stubs to play so i dont get why it has happened so many times.
After my 12th win, ill often quit the application if I don't value my 20 win reward.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Highest I've gotten was 11 I think. But even then, I was lucky.

The worst part is if you lose your very first game on an error or something you can't control, you only have one more. I think for sure next year they should give you 3 loses instead of 2. I'm putting in 1,500 stubs a round; They should at least make it a little easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »