Home

is bunting in DD....

This is a discussion on is bunting in DD.... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
is bunting in DD....

getting out of hand again? it just seems like every game i play the opposing player plays the bunting game. and theres many times animations of your players cause so many problems that a lot of the times the player reaches base even if you play to defend the bunt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: is bunting in DD....

Seems like some think twice before attempting to bunt if I put corners defense on.

Also, use the throwing mode where you can control how hard you throw. Sorry I can't remember the name. You can throw in the yellow and get runners out in most cases.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Seems like some think twice before attempting to bunt if I put corners defense on.

Also, use the throwing mode where you can control how hard you throw. Sorry I can't remember the name. You can throw in the yellow and get runners out in most cases.
actually my last game i would try that(corners in) and the guy would bunt with players like Rizzo
Old 09-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

This has been a problem, always will be. People who suck at baseball will just sit there and hold triangle because bunting is way too easy in this game and they know they can't hit any other way. I put corners defense on for RH and 3B cover drag for LH. You'll stop most of them, sometimes some dumb stuff happens, but that should take care of it. I'm honestly annoyed I have to do that stuff in the first place. Yes, some players deserve that kind of defensive formation respect, but I hate that I have to ask my 3B to cover drag because some jackass wants to bunt with Reggie Stocker when he has 2 strikes.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Hoosierdaddy76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
This has been a problem, always will be. People who suck at baseball will just sit there and hold triangle because bunting is way too easy in this game and they know they can't hit any other way. I put corners defense on for RH and 3B cover drag for LH. You'll stop most of them, sometimes some dumb stuff happens, but that should take care of it. I'm honestly annoyed I have to do that stuff in the first place. Yes, some players deserve that kind of defensive formation respect, but I hate that I have to ask my 3B to cover drag because some jackass wants to bunt with Reggie Stocker when he has 2 strikes.
Me too. Needs to be addressed for next year. Have seen suggested a PCI used for bunting, which seems reasonable. Anything possible to make the game idiot-proof work for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

homerboy's Arena

There's been LOTS of talks (and bitching) about this on the TSN forums. It is a ridiculous "exploit" in the game and just a total pain the ***. I realize it CAN be beat by moving corners in etc, but that's not why I play this game -- to counteract exploits. Pretty sure I purchased a BASEBALL game and when you stumble across these idiots it just ruins the entire point of playing online.

SDS needs to seriously fix their throwing animations to combat bunts and a million other scenarios too. Guys triple pumping from left field while somebody rounds 3rd heading for home is ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah, it's gross and gets worse as the season goes on. Bunting needs to be nerfed once again next season.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:14 AM   #8
Rookie

RedSoxFan4Ever15's Arena

This is a big problem in this game I lost two games today because of people who bunt and it sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »