Home

Discovery Diamond Player Missions

This is a discussion on Discovery Diamond Player Missions within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #41
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Discovery Diamond Player Missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbing311
I had one pop up on Daily yesterday. It was for a 86 Carlton Fisk but you had to play 1 Event game with a legend catcher. But if I don't have a playstation plus membership then that won't work right? Cause it says an events game? Conquest or something else wouldn't count right?

Unfortunately, a lot of cards are stuck behind a paywall. The devs seem to think everyone pays $50 or $60 a year to play online. I have no idea why they made a decision that would affect a lot of players but they don't seem to care. I am very anti paying extra to unlock content on the disc I already bought but ti seems people are willing to so yeah, maybe a dev here can answer why so many cards are behind a paid sub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #42
Rookie

That's not what they think at all, that's a bad way to view it. You're saying "I don't pay for online, you shouldn't keep things from me." What are they supposed to do, have no online ties to DD because of that? The people who are big DD fans and pay for PS+ should get nothing added on that front to appease those not paying for the service? I don't have PS+ myself, but I have been considering it. The main hang up is that this is the ONLY PS4 game I'd want to play online. Is that worth $50-60? I don't think so right now.

However, I don't insinuate that the developers are money-grubbing jerks for giving paying customers things to do. I have all online-based Daily Mission options right now. It kinda sucks, but there's a neat Ozzie Smith one I would be interested in going for, if I get PS+. I leave it there and re-roll the others daily as a result. I don't think there's anything wrong with having content for the paid subscription service users have. If they didn't, what would the paying service be offering? You can get a LOT of cards that are of high value and rating without being on PS+. They let you into the market to acquire a lot of stuff without subscribing. Don't be surprised when paying less means you get less.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #43
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm normally an offline franchise gamer who just got into DD this year for the first time. I have no desire to play online, I've had PS+ in the past and for me the online gaming experience isn't enjoyable in sports games.

It would be nice if the events and some of the other missions could be attainable playing vs CPU, maybe with lesser rewards or something. I just want to be able to participate. Like the Events, I don't care if I get a good reward or not, I just want a chance to check off some of the tasks that pop up.

The Archer and Junior programs- I'm doing everything I can vs the CPU but at the end I won't be able to complete these because I can't complete the online missions.

Like the Archer one for example, I think it's tally 7k's in an online ranked game or something like that? Why not add options- tally 7k's in an online ranked game OR tally 13k's vs CPU on Allstar difficulty or something like that. Maybe make the vs CPU option significantly more challenging but at least it gives people like me a chance at actually completing the missions even if it takes me 50 tries.

I dunno. Just my thoughts
Old 04-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #44
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Here are some of the Player Missions I've found. I also find that the guys you buy with Tickets are more likely to lead to a mission so far -- I'm expanding the topics covered in the thread to just include all secret missions found:

Player Spotlights

Dante Bichette - Breakout (you get a Baseball is Flashback pack for completing) -- this one is hard to do, Double and HR in same game with this Bichette which is a 60 overall

Brandon Guyer - Breakout (Get it during the Archer mission)

Kevin Pillar - Breakout

Rich Hill - Breakout

Jorge Posada - Rookie

Zack Greinke - Rookie

Paul Konerko - Rookie

Jim Edmonds - Rookie

(All the ones listed above sans Bichette get you XP, Stubs and Tickets)

Player Epics

Jose Altuve (I believe this was a Daily Mission), got me a Rookie Altuve at the end of it.

Steve Finley (90 overall) - Two home runs with left-handed batters in one Ranked Seasons game

Eddie Matthews (99 overall) - Unlocks with 100th HR in DD, so it's in your My Career section.

Last edited by ChaseB; 04-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848
I'm normally an offline franchise gamer who just got into DD this year for the first time. I have no desire to play online, I've had PS+ in the past and for me the online gaming experience isn't enjoyable in sports games.

It would be nice if the events and some of the other missions could be attainable playing vs CPU, maybe with lesser rewards or something. I just want to be able to participate. Like the Events, I don't care if I get a good reward or not, I just want a chance to check off some of the tasks that pop up.

The Archer and Junior programs- I'm doing everything I can vs the CPU but at the end I won't be able to complete these because I can't complete the online missions.

Like the Archer one for example, I think it's tally 7k's in an online ranked game or something like that? Why not add options- tally 7k's in an online ranked game OR tally 13k's vs CPU on Allstar difficulty or something like that. Maybe make the vs CPU option significantly more challenging but at least it gives people like me a chance at actually completing the missions even if it takes me 50 tries.

I dunno. Just my thoughts

I'm in the same boat as you. I was actually really excited to play DD and so I went out and picked up the game yesterday. I hardly ever played DD but this year I would live to dive into it. But from the sounds of it, not having PS+ might derail that.

I'll just stick with Offline Franchise.....but I feel your pain bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #46
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
I'm in the same boat as you. I was actually really excited to play DD and so I went out and picked up the game yesterday. I hardly ever played DD but this year I would live to dive into it. But from the sounds of it, not having PS+ might derail that.

I'll just stick with Offline Franchise.....but I feel your pain bro.
There are actually a ton of missions you can complete vs the CPU, with pretty legit prizes as well. I've already picked up a couple diamond players as rewards for completing missions + if you complete conquest you get stubs + surpise packs as well as a free 10 pack bundle.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #47
Rookie

Tom Seaver (hardware) - 1 complete game with 12+ strikeouts

this was pretty easy but only got xp/stubs. I think it was decent amount though

David Wright (rookie I believe) - have not done this one yet.

Both these actually popped up because I was flipping cards and when I bought theirs...bam player spotlights.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #48
Just started!

I received a daily mission for for a 95 Overall Ozzie Smith

Daily Mission: Record 2 hits with switch hitters in a single Event game

Player Epic Part I: Tally 100 hits with switch hitters in Events games

Player Epic Part II: Exchange switch hitter for a total of 13,000 exchange points

Don't know if there is a Part III as I am not done with the exchange mission yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »