Home

Discovery Diamond Player Missions

This is a discussion on Discovery Diamond Player Missions within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Discovery Diamond Player Missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Has anyone purchased the Orlando Cepeda or Juan Marichal with Tickets during this new window with Level 50 rewards? I'm curious if there's a Player Spotlight mission tied to either -- otherwise I don't have much interest in getting either.
Got Marichal and no player spotlight mission. He's a good budget gold pitcher I think. Used him 3 times in ranked seasons yesterday and he was hard to figure out for the impatient opponents I played. He can lob a lot of junk low in the zone that's hard to time and hits around 94 with his fastball up high so not bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #66
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone have Will Clark? For some reason I really want to get him, but paying to play Battle Royale is a pain and I'm not good enough to win consistently to not have to avoid paying
Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth42008
Three additional Player Epics that I've got going on are below. Most probably know this but the Tier one challenge is in the daily mission, once completed the rest of the missions is located in the Player Epic section. These are the only missions I've seen award cards other than team epics. The player spotlight missions have only rewarded xp/stubs and I believe tickets.

85 OVR All- Star Ken Griffey Sr.:
Tier 1: get 2 walks with reds players in conquest
Tier 2: get 12 walks with reds players in conquest
Tier 3: Exchange reds.

93 OVR Impact Veteran Ian Kinsler:
Tier 1: Get 1 double with tigers second baseman in conquest
Tier 2: Get 23 doubles with second baseman in conquest
Tier 3: Exchange Second Baseman

92 OVR Breakout Will Clark:
Tier 1: Get 2 hits with breakouts in battle royale
Tier 2: Get 60 hits with breakouts in battle royale
Tier 3: TBD (gonna say- Exchange Breakouts)

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Okay so How do these pop up I'm confused. So example-for will Clark do I simply get 2 hits w breakout in battle royale then 60, then the third step then the card appears or is there a different way for these player epics to show up. Really confused on this
Old 04-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #68
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLefty34
Okay so How do these pop up I'm confused. So example-for will Clark do I simply get 2 hits w breakout in battle royale then 60, then the third step then the card appears or is there a different way for these player epics to show up. Really confused on this
These Player Epics are totally random and will pop up as one of your three "Daily" missions, again, at random.

When you get one, then you have unlimited time to start trying to work through them following the stages detailed above that you quoted.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #69
Rookie

Honestly I'm also slightly confused on these... I had the Will Clark mission sitting around, did the initial stage eventually & thought maybe he was the default first mission for everyone....

Haven't gotten another since though. Do normal Daily missions need to be done in order to unlock the Epic mission? Like as a reward? And for those who chase these daily Epics, how often do you Re-roll on boring/pointless stuff in hopes of landing an Epic mission? Should I be using that re-roll every day on crap stuff for greater odds of running into epics? Thanks
Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYsportsjunkie
Honestly I'm also slightly confused on these... I had the Will Clark mission sitting around, did the initial stage eventually & thought maybe he was the default first mission for everyone....

Haven't gotten another since though. Do normal Daily missions need to be done in order to unlock the Epic mission? Like as a reward? And for those who chase these daily Epics, how often do you Re-roll on boring/pointless stuff in hopes of landing an Epic mission? Should I be using that re-roll every day on crap stuff for greater odds of running into epics? Thanks
Once you get the daily mission with Epic, it will be obvious, written in huge letters, you cannot miss it.

You can only re-roll one mission every 24 hours, so I reroll something every day. Most daily missions suck and give very miserable rewards, so they are often not worth doing unless you can combine them with something else.

There are exchange missions (exchange bats, stadiums etc...) that end up gaining or losing you a few stubs. I do them just to open a new one without rerolling.
And there are missions for beating a team on Veteran, so I do those as they are a part of tier 3 epic team missions anyway.

As soon as I see that the mission requires me playing Unranked, with friends or any online mode, I ignore them, because their reward is usually so tiny that you can get better rewards just by playing what you regularly play.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:07 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idgachuck
I have Junichi Tazawa 87 Breakout on my player epics list. I have to get 15 golds with relief pitchers in Ranked Seasons games to unlock 3rd step
Thanks for posting this. First part is easy enough, 2 strikeouts with breakout pitchers in ranked seasons.
But this second part is a dealbreaker, no way I'm playing that many games online...

Rerolling tomorrow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #72
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
Thanks for posting this. First part is easy enough, 2 strikeouts with breakout pitchers in ranked seasons.
But this second part is a dealbreaker, no way I'm playing that many games online...

Rerolling tomorrow
I mean you could just do the first part and then it's out of your "daily" missions and you can save the re-roll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »