Home

Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Beasnizzle99's Arena

OVR: 1
New to DD

so, what do you guys do to fill out your team collections? and any other tips or need to knows would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New to DD

I take my time and play the game, the collection slowly fills itself. I don't think it's good to waste a lot of stubs and time purchasing mediocre players you will never use in the game.
Later on, the prices will drop, and you use your saved stubs to easily complete collections.
Also, many teams will shrink the number of players needed, as some get demoted in RL and end up on Free Agent list.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

Last year I started with conquest and did that first which got me some cards and stubs. Then I used those to start filling out the team collections.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
Rookie

As Mercury112491 said Conquest is a great starting point. Stubs and tickets and hidden packs rewarded early on and a 10 pack bundle when all territory is conquered.

15 players won't cost more than a few hundred and 25 is costing around 500/600 and you get some stubs back by completing them. Take your time when getting the players. Work the market with the same players your targeting is a good way to cover the cost and more so.

Team epics then began with 2 vs CPU games and the next part involves getting stats with the players you get in the 15 players missions so they all link together well.

It's a real grind but the most balanced mode of it's type compared to other sport games.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah I started off with the 2 games vs cpu but then I have to get the card I need. I wish that the missions like that for stats could be acquired vs extra inning games as well as cup teams. Gets boring after a while playing the same cup teams and then on to go quest to do the same

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Beasnizzle99's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys, all good input here, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #7
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

I am also pretty new to DD, but I played a little last year. This morning I probably wasted a couple thousand stubs completing the 1st level Collection missions for the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Cardinals. In my opinion those are the best three to start with as Griffer Sr. is a rockstar (plus who doesn't want to roll two Griffey's in the outfield ), and the Diamondback and Cardinals give you 80 rated pitchers that can help out your staff right away.

Next I will be playing a lot of RTTS and Franchise (when OSFM 17 is ready) to collect stubs. I also like Conquest, but only when the servers are responding quickly. I played two games yesterday that never saved.

If you guys every want to play head to head for some fun please add me on PSN (Billy4NY). Happy Baseball Season!
Old 03-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

Noob here as well. How can I tell if I have a duplicate card?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »