Home

How to know if you're facing a Lefty or Righty in Pregame Lineup Screen

This is a discussion on How to know if you're facing a Lefty or Righty in Pregame Lineup Screen within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How to know if you're facing a Lefty or Righty in Pregame Lineup Screen

I think it's stupid. You should know what hand the pitcher is before you go up like in real life. If someone backs out from that screen, give them a loss. Simple fix

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastynation
They did it like that because last year people were backing out if they had to face a lefty.
Surely there must be a better compromise than changing some of the basic rules and strategic elements of the game of baseball. Between this and no DH, it's very frustrating. It just totally eliminates any value certain players provide.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

And it serves no purpose in single player games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
I think it's stupid. You should know what hand the pitcher is before you go up like in real life. If someone backs out from that screen, give them a loss. Simple fix

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree with this more! Not knowing takes strategy out of the game. Start locking people in at the lineup screen and give out losses for people backing out.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT2111
I couldn't agree with this more! Not knowing takes strategy out of the game. Start locking people in at the lineup screen and give out losses for people backing out.
I didn't like it at first but it does give pitchers a much needed boost than being vs a line-up of sluggers to there handedness

Now strategy is in getting a balanced line-up and bench.

The "like in real life" argument goes out the window when I can face a team full of hall of famers.

But even so like BalootheBear eluded to 2 Line-ups out of a 25 man roster would of been the best fix.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #14
MVP

ph33's Arena

Yeah, I think they should have let people set lineups before the game.
I think they'll do that eventually. But this way is better than before. It was so irritating to get backed out on so many times last year.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

WhAt? This is a core component of baseball, especially at the highest level. The DD mode is fully premised on the user exposing any advantage/strength your created squad has. But for some reason this is left out of the game? This is a major oversight for any-buddy with a baseball IQ of 12 or higher. What is this kickball strategy, big leg to the front of the line?

This mode is ruined for me. I just don't get the design decision. The least they could do is give the functions to set a lineups verses righty and verses lefty when you set your roster up. How about just changing the sequence of when a player backs out is hit with a loss, like just before the opponents roster is shown.

Very disappointing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #16
Rookie

It bothered me at first, because I would alter my batting order based on the pitchers hand. However, I wasn't one of those guys who changed players in and out, I generally played the exact same lineup, as I had always tried to get players who were useful against lefties and righties. It used to drive me crazy when I'd be sitting 'ready' and I could just hear the other guy clicking away a hundred times changing everything around.

I can see both sides to the coin, there's an element of strategy involved when setting your lineup or building your team.

Here's a question.... does it perhaps return when you get into 'higher' divisions? Maybe its done to prevent the casual player from backing out? I've only played 4-5 games so I think I'm in the second division now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »