Home

What is proper thing to do?

This is a discussion on What is proper thing to do? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

mborowiec's Arena

OVR: 0
What is proper thing to do?

If you're opponent offers a friendly quit game? Let's say it's the 2nd inning and there is no score. No one on base. Your opponent sends a friendly quit. Do you accept? Or do you keep playing? Knowing he probably has to leave and it'll be an easy win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What is proper thing to do?

It depends. If they haven't been playing like an idiot, I'll accept. If they're throwing at batters, bunting all the time, constantly taking warm up swings, they can **** themselves and take the loss.

I don't think I've ever had someone accept a friendly quit from me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborowiec
If you're opponent offers a friendly quit game? Let's say it's the 2nd inning and there is no score. No one on base. Your opponent sends a friendly quit. Do you accept? Or do you keep playing? Knowing he probably has to leave and it'll be an easy win.

Typically depends how they've played up to that point. If they're bunting and doing cheesy stuff I usually don't accept, but if they seem like they play the right way I always accept it.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #4
Rookie

mborowiec's Arena

I'm asking because I started a game last night. In the 2nd inning my wife calls down and tells me the dog were watching needs to go out. There is no score. No hits. Etc. So i offer up the friendly quit. He declines. So I take out the dumb dog. I come back and I'm losing 7-0. So I'm just wondering what everyone would do?
Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #5
Rookie

BalootheBear's Arena

If its in the first or second inning I'll accept it. After that I feel like I've put in enough time to warrant a victory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Rookie

In that case, I'd probably yield it. I don't feel like forcing a quit on a guy because of what might be a potential emergency situation. Then again, might depend on the situation. If it's the 8th, and it's close, and he's showing no ability to hit, I might demand we keep going. Putting in 30-45 minutes and calling it a draw? Nah.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #7
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborowiec
I'm asking because I started a game last night. In the 2nd inning my wife calls down and tells me the dog were watching needs to go out. There is no score. No hits. Etc. So i offer up the friendly quit. He declines. So I take out the dumb dog. I come back and I'm losing 7-0. So I'm just wondering what everyone would do?

I would have definitely accepted in that case. Some people just want wins and don't care how they get them, others just want to play a fair game. To each his own.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

mborowiec's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil frier
In that case, I'd probably yield it. I don't feel like forcing a quit on a guy because of what might be a potential emergency situation. Then again, might depend on the situation. If it's the 8th, and it's close, and he's showing no ability to hit, I might demand we keep going. Putting in 30-45 minutes and calling it a draw? Nah.
I get that. And wouldn't expect him to accept. I just thought it was odd that he didn't accept in the 2nd. Glad to hear there are others who feel and think the same as me. But some feel a win is crutal

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »