Home

Your favorite player so far?

This is a discussion on Your favorite player so far? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your favorite player so far?

I'm just doing Conquest still. I love Matt Carpenter, he's my new leadoff guy (dropped Mission Starter Bichette to 2nd). They play him to an extreme pull shift every time, free bunt single. If I happen to have a man on, he's got great plate coverage and little in the way of splits, so he's a great table setter and run producer.

I don't think I like any of my pitchers thus far. I've got no one over 80 (Tyler Anderson and Carl Edwards Jr. have temp. boosts to 80 and 81, respectively). Instead, I mostly have guys I get mad at. I love Junichi Tazawa's repertoire, but he gives up runs like crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #26
Rookie

Nicholasht571998's Arena

So far my favorite player is Javier Baez I feel like I always square one up with him. Ended up selling Daniel Murphy and benching rougned odor when I realize how well Baez was doing off the bench.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Listen i don't know what's going on but I bring Justin Upton in as PH against lefties and he has 18 HRs for me in just 34 plate appearances hahaha and more than half of those are online. he destroys lefties.

Last edited by Idgachuck; 04-04-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #28
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

Check out Franklin Gutierrez. The dude is basically Giancarlo Stanton in this game. I don't have any idea how they figured out his attributes but he's a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
Check out Franklin Gutierrez. The dude is basically Giancarlo Stanton in this game. I don't have any idea how they figured out his attributes but he's a beast.

2015, Guti had a 189-PA sample with a .602 SLG. Last season, in 283 PA, he had a .452 SLG. 472 PA, 29 HR in SEA (not great for righty power historically), that's a 600-PA pace of 37 HR.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #30
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee

I just look at his card and my jaw dropped.. 80+ fielding, throw power, and 90+ power against lefties and righties. Not sure how that equates to a 79 overall lol
Old 04-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #31
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
I just look at his card and my jaw dropped.. 80+ fielding, throw power, and 90+ power against lefties and righties. Not sure how that equates to a 79 overall lol

I don't really understand it either. Probably because he isn't fast. I didn't even know he had much pop. But he's my CF (took rookie Griffey' job) and if I do ever get a better starter he will always be on my bench for pinch hitting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #32
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

For some bizarre reason, I'm lights out with Tyler Skaggs. I get blown up with Felix or Samardjisjiajsajisiajhij, but with Skaggs and Eickhoff I'm super comfortable(Though I wish they'd animate Eickhoff). As for hitters, I'm pretty comfy with Morneau and Duvall. enough so that I put Santana behind the plate and keep Hunter Pence on the bench

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »