Home

Working the Market?

This is a discussion on Working the Market? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

dutchy25's Arena

OVR: 0
Working the Market?

Can somebody explain the best way to work the market? I don't play much DD other than BR so I have good cards that I don't use.

I found the market trends and have been watching those for players but how do I know the value of my equipment, sponsorships, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Working the Market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy25
Can somebody explain the best way to work the market? I don't play much DD other than BR so I have good cards that I don't use.

I found the market trends and have been watching those for players but how do I know the value of my equipment, sponsorships, etc?

Some diamond equipment and sponsorship can have a decent value. Everything else can be good for some stubs here and there but I wouldn't put a ton of effort in trying to figure out the best value and wouldn't try to flip those items. That being said I would imagine any Griffey equipment and the Diamond program would fetch a good price.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pretty much manually. I haven't bothered to try playing the market yet, but in a game with so many cards, I'd probably recommend a spreadsheet of things. Maybe check in on the prices every few hours and log them, but you'd have to care to commit that much time and effort to it. If you're not lucky enough to get a phenomenal pack or post-game drop, you'll have to manage it in greater volume than flipping something at 10,000+ stubs.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

I had some success doing this the last 2 years, but I think I'm not going to bother this year. I tried a little bit the past couple of days and there just isn't enough spread to make it worth it. When I went over and saw how much stubs cost, I realized it makes no sense for me to work the market. The amount of volume you would have to do to make it worth it (IMO) is ridiculous. I'm sure other people will jump in here and disagree and tell us all about their crazy flips they made to make a lot of stubs, but looking at the market now, I don't see a ton of opportunity unless you want to commit a lot of your time.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

With everyone still understanding and figuring out missions and the game still being very new has some unpredictable / uncommon values out there. Ex. The Rays; with lots of people being first introduced to the Archer program (leads users to most likely their first team epic mission) common and bronze Rays are going for quite a high value to lock in for Boggs and exchanges.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »