Home

Chris Archer Program

This is a discussion on Chris Archer Program within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Chris Archer Program

I'm a little bummed. All I have left to do to complete the Archer program is to capture a Rays territory in Conquest and to exchange the stadiums for the Trop. Anyways, before I could get to the Rays territory, the Marlins completely ousted them from the map entirely. I conquered the Marlins spots that used to belong to TB and was not able to redeem the mission. Don't know whether to start over and clear the map or if I should keep going. I have about 40 Mil fans and like 6 strongholds.

Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Chris Archer Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgunn
I'm a little bummed. All I have left to do to complete the Archer program is to capture a Rays territory in Conquest and to exchange the stadiums for the Trop. Anyways, before I could get to the Rays territory, the Marlins completely ousted them from the map entirely. I conquered the Marlins spots that used to belong to TB and was not able to redeem the mission. Don't know whether to start over and clear the map or if I should keep going. I have about 40 Mil fans and like 6 strongholds.

My suggestion:
Since you seem doing well so far, keep going. Keep capturing strongholds and don't stop until you have every single hexagon.
There are solid prizes for doing so, with numerous missions rewarding your actions, and even giving you a 10 pack of cards (a 10.000 stub value).

Then, once you are done with it, start a new game and rush towards Tampa. If they get killed, restart. They are bound to survive eventually, and by simply simming it should not take a lot of time. As I understand the mission, all you need is to capture one of their hexagons, and not the stronghold itself.

Note: This is the method I am using. I already own the entire north-western section, and the Rays got wiped out in the first 3-4 turns.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

I'd use your Steal Fan phases to try to defend TB next time. Hit Miami and Atlanta in those phases to minimize their ability to expand to Tampa.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Unless it is urgent for you to finish that Archer mission I would say keep going as mentioned Conquest modes rewards you pretty well. 250 stubs and lost of experience for each stronghold. Multiply that by 30 and it is a hefty little sum. You get something like 5 conquest packs the first play through (4 player cards each) and when you conquer an entire division you will unlock gold missions that could lead to 5 diamond and 4 gold players
Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Start a new game and use the attack phase to move south , use the reinforce stage to keep adding to that hexagon closest too the TB territory and repeat, You can skip steal fans and move fans . Once you're 1-3 hexagons away then you can play the steal fans if you want. I didn't tho . I simply attacked whatever was in the way on rookie and got the TB territory .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

There is only one guaranteed way to get it done (I am in the process of doing it now and will write it up separately as a guide later). That is to play all the games out and steal fans at every opportunity. The problem with the charge method is that you can easily get cut off by KC or CHI and then be unable to reinforce or get blocked by someone else on the way down, or worse by the time you can get there (turn 10 I think) Tampa is gone. If you steal on veteran (2 fans a turn), expand into empty hexes like normal and then on turns 5-6 stock all your reinforcements in a southeastern hex you can make the charge in 1 turn playing all the games on rookie (since you wont lose any fans from simming). I have about 5 games to go, but am not losing on rookie.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for all the advice. I guess my only follow up would be does completing the Archer Program unlock the next program? Right now there's only 3 but obviously from the Dynasty Program theres many more. If so i might clear the board and restart now. Otherwise I'm waiting
Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

So I restarted and finished the Archer Program. Now when i go to programs it says feed me over the archer mission when Im not selecting/highlighting it. Any idea what I'm supposed to do here? Feed the Archer rookie card i just got?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »