Home

Struggling to Hit?

This is a discussion on Struggling to Hit? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

OVR: 0
Struggling to Hit?

Just wanted to post this based on my own recent experience. I had about $150 in amazon gift cards I've had built up over the years, I was considering using them to buy stubs as I had been struggling to hit (I've never been a great hitter). I figured it was likely because my players aren't great and could use an upgrade. At the last minute, I decided to use the $150 to buy a new monitor with 1ms response time instead of the stubs.

It arrived last night and I couldn't believe the difference. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is an entirely different game when you play it on a good monitor. My career online batting average rose 15 points last night alone. I was pounding out between 7-10 hits with multiple homers in just 4 inning games because my opponents would quit. I'm serious, having a good monitor is that game changing.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it up here since 17 was released. I can't stress enough how amazed I am with the difference.

Last edited by SigmundFraud; 04-06-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Struggling to Hit?

It's all in your head. Pick a batting angle that works for you. I'm currently using Pure Analog with flick and using Zoom hitting view with no guess pitch.

Just finished a 16-2 win over the Twins. Granderson and Story both had 3 homeruns.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Agree - response time is everything. I play on a monitor too and have never once felt like going back.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Struggling to Hit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden
It's all in your head. Pick a batting angle that works for you. I'm currently using Pure Analog with flick and using Zoom hitting view with no guess pitch.

Just finished a 16-2 win over the Twins. Granderson and Story both had 3 homeruns.

I can definitively say it is not all in your head.. I used to feel this way too. It undoubtably makes a HUGE difference in quality of play. Maybe your tv isn't as bad/old as mine was, but I used to have a terrible time hitting inside fastball. Now I do it no problem. Going from 20+ms input lag to 1ms is night and day. Like I said, it's like you're playing a totally different game.

Edit: I'm specifically talking about using zone hitting in online play. Every at bat is against high 90s with good breaking pitches.

Last edited by SigmundFraud; 04-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Just wanted to post this based on my own recent experience. I had about $150 in amazon gift cards I've had built up over the years, I was considering using them to buy stubs as I had been struggling to hit (I've never been a great hitter). I figured it was likely because my players aren't great and could use an upgrade. At the last minute, I decided to use the $150 to buy a new monitor with 1ms input lag instead of the stubs.

It arrived last night and I couldn't believe the difference. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is an entirely different game when you play it on a good monitor. My career online batting average rose 15 points last night alone. I was pounding out between 7-10 hits with multiple homers in just 4 inning games because my opponents would quit. I'm serious, having a good monitor is that game changing.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it up here since 17 was released. I can't stress enough how amazed I am with the difference.
Never heard of a monitor with 1ms input lag. You sure you dont mean 1ms refresh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTTEN
Never heard of a monitor with 1ms input lag. You sure you dont mean 1ms refresh?

Yeah sorry, meant response time.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:41 AM   #7
Just started!

bdubz47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Just wanted to post this based on my own recent experience. I had about $150 in amazon gift cards I've had built up over the years, I was considering using them to buy stubs as I had been struggling to hit (I've never been a great hitter). I figured it was likely because my players aren't great and could use an upgrade. At the last minute, I decided to use the $150 to buy a new monitor with 1ms response time instead of the stubs.

Thanks for the tip. I started using my 5 ms monitor instead of my TV and it made a huge difference for me. I'm not late on the high fastball anymore.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

HipsterJacks's Arena

It;s kind of a bummer for those of us who gotta stick with our dated TV's : ) That said, congrats to you sir!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »