Home

Griffey Jr completion

This is a discussion on Griffey Jr completion within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
Rookie

ywnincorporated's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Griffey Jr completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidisback
Breakout Brandon Guyer has a similar mission(1 hit, 2rbis, 1 walk) that I've gotten close to but am always a walk or rbi short.
Took my game against the CPU into extras when I was up 11-0 in the 9th just to get that extra RBI to finish the Guyer mission. Was tired of looking at it lol.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #18
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

So the 8 HRs in 8 Battle royale games resets every 8 games? Its not a running total of the last 8? Thats ********, especially when im taking losses for games where I dont even get to hit because it lags out.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #19
Rookie

Got it! In my 2nd rookie game vs. Giants, or simply, my very last tier 1 epic game.

First inning, first pitch, Griffey stretches a double from a long single, thankfully the throw from right field was a bit high.
Second inning, I lay my controller down (quite a few times I ended up swinging on ball 4), pitcher has 1-2 then throws three balls.
Oh my, it was the longest 7 innings ever. I already though that the server will break, my power go off, something...

The game ended 14-8, a completely atypical score for my games, took me over an hour to finish.

In the end, Griffey came at bat 6 times - 2 doubles and 2 walks
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #20
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywnincorporated
Took my game against the CPU into extras when I was up 11-0 in the 9th just to get that extra RBI to finish the Guyer mission. Was tired of looking at it lol.
Yeah, I could have taken a similar approach 3 times now by just blowing the lead to get it to extras but can't bring myself to do it. Since there is no time limit, I will just let it happen when it happens.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #21
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

I was heartbroken after thinking I completed this....I actually got the Double, run and a BB but I did it in Conquest mode and found out that it only counts in vs CPU games. Harder to do in conquest with less ABs ya know, but oh well...haha

But after trying to get this for so long I finally took Junior out of the lineup to take a break from this one. Right now using that spot in the lineup for other missions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #22
Pro

this challenge was def the hardest for me. i got lucky cuz his last AB i hit a double off the YELLOW of the wall. close call.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #23
Rookie

mamader9's Arena

I got my walk and a double in my first game trying to it. I was playing on All Star vs the reds doing the other griffey mission and though id try it. Got a 3-2 count my first AB and hit a double, then walked my next AB. I've found higher difficulties help with getting walks.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #24
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

I can always get the Walk, but hitting the double is impossible for me. I can't ever get good contact with rookie Griffey. I mash with Reds Griffey but rookie version is more of a slap hitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »