Home

Pack odds.

This is a discussion on Pack odds. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pack odds.

Got two 50 pack bundles, first one I got 2 silvers. No golds. So I was pissed I already bought the 2nd bundle. Well in the 2nd one, I had Arenado as one of the toppers, then pulled 6 gold players AND the diamond cleats that sell for 65k. It's all random, which makes it so fun for a pack junkie like me.

I've played FUT for years and put real money into that game (at least in this game you can grind for a great team) and I can definitely say the pack odds in this game have been better to me than 6 years of FUT combined. THAT game is a ripoff lmao
Old 04-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I broke down and bought a 50 bundle last night.. I ended up getting Miguel Cabera which i turned around and sold for just under 80k and two Brandon Crawford cards which i sold for about 6k.

I did go through all my duplicates, equipment, stadiums, sponsors and what not and was able to regroup about 18k as well. Probably could have gotten more back if i was a little patient with some cards to sell. But yea i got lucky and clearly made a profit from this bundle.. But the bundle i first bought in the first week the game was out, nothing Gold. Maybe a ****ty sponsor gold.. Never know with the luck of the draw!!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #19
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Pack odds.

Why would Sony care how you spend your stubs? Once you buy them, they already have your money. If you wanna spend 50k on packs or 50k on a single player, I guess that's up to you. Regardless, you're going to want to buy more stubs at some point to get better players or to rip packs for fun.

The only way someone could just buy every diamond they want off the market is if they spent $1000. I'm sure SDS is fine with people doing that instead of buying packs. They win either way.

In a way, what I'm saying is, the current system increases the incentive to purchase stubs. Even with horrible pack odds, people are still spending hundreds on packs. But, by making the odds so terrible, they have also gotten players to just shell out ridiculous sums of money for the players that they want. People are spending $200+ alone for a single player card. That's ridiculous, but if the pack odds were better, more diamonds would exist, which would cause their price to go down on the market. Therefore, buying players straight up would become cheaper and more appealing. I can't imagine SDS wants that.

Last edited by SigmundFraud; 04-20-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #20
Pro

Pack 317. Gold Yelich.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #21
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I hate complaining about this cause I know it's luck of the draw but this game has the worst odds I've ever seen. I opened 40 packs today and not one gold card. Only 2 silvers. It really doesn't even make sense to open packs. You're just wasting your stubs. I'm just gonna by affordable decent players instead of opening packs moving forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #22
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Pack odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Pretty much every single common or bronze player can be sold for about 100 stubs, so even if you get "nothing" from a pack, you still can recoup about two thirds of what you paid for it by selling the 6 players and discarding or selling the equipment/stadium. So in reality, a 50k pack, even if you didn't get a single silver, would net you maybe 35k+ in sellable cards. When you realise that, you start to realise why the odds of getting a diamond or even a gold are so low.

Do you have any tips on how to do this quickly? The problem I have with flipping cards is it is so tedious in this game. I could spend hours selling doubles. It's just not feasible for me.

Also I'm not sure why it's different for me but most of these bronze/common cards are selling for closer to 20 stubs. I rarely see one I can get 100 for. I'm selling doubles for 7 stubs right now. Haha. I really wish you are accurate with the 100 stubs statement. It would make it a little better. It seems the equipment sells for the most. 80 percent of the players are junk.

Even a silver 81 rated Russell Martin is well under 100 stubs resale wise.

Last edited by ricky24; 04-22-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I collect sports cards in real life and I kinda look at pulling diamonds like pulling autographs and gold as pulling relics. I could go to walmart and buy 20 packs of Topps baseball and most likely not pull an auto or relic. But little Johnny could grab one pack off the rack and pull a Mike Trout 1/1 auto.

But I do wish they would make it a little easier to pull at least golds.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Pack odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I collect sports cards in real life and I kinda look at pulling diamonds like pulling autographs and gold as pulling relics. I could go to walmart and buy 20 packs of Topps baseball and most likely not pull an auto or relic. But little Johnny could grab one pack off the rack and pull a Mike Trout 1/1 auto.

But I do wish they would make it a little easier to pull at least golds.

Yeah I'm fine with diamonds being super rare just like you. Golds being this rare is an issue though. It's like topps stacking their packs with all commons for the most part.

You're essentially better off just buying golds on the market I think. I got porcello, Kimbrel and pedroia today for around 14k or so. Then I bought 20 packs for 20k and pulled zero golds

Last edited by ricky24; 04-22-2017 at 07:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »