Home

Injuries in ranked?

This is a discussion on Injuries in ranked? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Injuries in ranked?

Anyone know if injuries can happen in online ranked, especially to position players? Specifically I'm wondering if there's any way a catcher can be injured. Bench spots are precious and few and I'd much rather not take up a spot with a second catcher but since they fixed out of position defense literally only a catcher can catch, otherwise they drop everything. Literally. Everything. So if your catcher gets hurt and you don't have a backup it's trouble.

In conquest and play vs cpu I've seen plenty of pitcher injuries but only 2 to position players, both outfielders where they missed pop-ups and got hit in the head with the ball (true story, they had to come out). But I haven't seen any pulled muscles or injuries from getting hit by a pitch. I haven't seen anything at all in ranked or br, but I've barely played any of those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #2
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Re: Injuries in ranked?

I wouldn't know, but I'd assume they're in. If you're in a pinch just use a bench spot on Carlos Santana. He can play catcher fine behind the plate(arm is a bit lacking), and you get a good bat as well, frequently in the gold ratings.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes injuries to position players are in online ranked. Have had a couple myself.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the responses...

I really just want to have 1 speed guy, and 4 guys with plus power and contact (2 to go against lefties and 2 for righties). Needing a backup catcher is problematic. Santana is decent enough, but I just as soon keep molina as my backup.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

Last year I had no injuries to catcher. So I thought they were exempt from it. This year I already had a catcher injured. I was lucky to have a backup on my team that day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Rookie

I have played only 4 ranked games. Out of the 4 I have had 2 injuries. Both the starting pitcher after the first pitch was thrown. When you are in the bullpen in the first inning, it makes for long games.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

If you dont carry a backup catcher (your bench spots) your catcher will not get hurt during the online game. Injuries only happen if you have 2nd guy on your bench that can play that position. I am not sure if this included secondary positions though
Old 04-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4679
If you dont carry a backup catcher (your bench spots) your catcher will not get hurt during the online game. Injuries only happen if you have 2nd guy on your bench that can play that position. I am not sure if this included secondary positions though
That's interesting, I did have a situation where Carlos Santana got hurt when he was my catcher. I had Schwarber on the bench, both players have a secondary position of catcher. You'd think a guy could get hurt regardless of who is on the bench.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »