Home

Idea For Server Issue Compensation

This is a discussion on Idea For Server Issue Compensation within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #17
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Idea For Server Issue Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starducket Moon
I expect 10 pack. I'd like that and that all missions are opened up to play vs CPU. There's no Yeti's this year. Steal 8 bases using 3rd basemen in ranked seasons only? Hit 20 doubles using only RF in Battle Royale? 60 K's using only Rockies pitchers in conquest? Just get rid of the specific modes. Block unranked and play with friends, I understand that. But some of these missions are actually costing me games trying to get them.
100% agree
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

First, while there were also server issues last year, I do not recall the issues lasting so long. The issues seemed to be solved quicker last year.

As for compensation for everyone's distress and inconvenience from the server issues, the likely solution is to give everyone additional standard packs or stubs. This does not really cost SDS anything other than possibly reducing a bit future purchases of stubs by users. On the other hand it is more important for SDS to maintain the goodwill in the game rather than maximize future stub sales.

That being said, of course SDS is not obligated to give the user community anything. However, given that SDS did give something last year it makes it harder from a goodwill standpoint not to do anything.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #19
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starducket Moon
I expect 10 pack. I'd like that and that all missions are opened up to play vs CPU. There's no Yeti's this year. Steal 8 bases using 3rd basemen in ranked seasons only? Hit 20 doubles using only RF in Battle Royale? 60 K's using only Rockies pitchers in conquest? Just get rid of the specific modes. Block unranked and play with friends, I understand that. But some of these missions are actually costing me games trying to get them.

It seems like the missions are tedious by design. They don't want to just hand out high rated cards. Then people wouldn't spend money. The missions get on my nerves too, but I don't have any hope for them changing.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

I have a similar issue with the missions. I do not have a subscription to Playstation Plus and do not really want to be paying for it. Thus in regard to the missions, I must skip anything which requires only Play Station Plus (ranked seasons, battle royale etc.) and I thus only work on missions where I play vs. CPU or Conquest.

It would be better if for these missions one had the alternative of playing on-line or against the CPU to complete the missions.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
I have a similar issue with the missions. I do not have a subscription to Playstation Plus and do not really want to be paying for it. Thus in regard to the missions, I must skip anything which requires only Play Station Plus (ranked seasons, battle royale etc.) and I thus only work on missions where I play vs. CPU or Conquest.

It would be better if for these missions one had the alternative of playing on-line or against the CPU to complete the missions.
But then where is the incentive for people to subscribe? They are still a business that would like to make a profit.
I will also never gain rewards for online play. I do have PS+, but I am not a good enough player to solve those challenges. Why shpuld the developers cater to my sorry *** and give me those rewards anyway.

I guess this mission system can also be used to build character: People need to learn you can't get everything by just crying about it. Sometimes you need to put forward hard work or cold cash to earn your reward.

EDIT: Hey, just noticed the forum auto censors some english words. Arse?

Last edited by yelch; 04-21-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 03:06 AM   #22
Rookie

dta151's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle

Yeah I got rid of PS+. Had it for a few years but not worth it to me I dont play any online vs games but it stinks you cant do most missions without. Also if we havent got anything by now for the server issues as compensation I doubt we will be. That is what irks me the most because I couldnt play DD for days or change and of my buy/sell orders and lost out big time stubs because of it. I bought the HOF edition for $100 and I think we should get something even if it is 10k in stubs and a 10 pack bundle or something,anything is better than what we got which is nothing and still not even a response from Sony on the issue and what they are doing about it or planning to do. That would be nice for any update officially from them
Old 04-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Yeah so much for compensation dought will be seeing any at this point . Anything less than a guarantee diamond would be disappointing then again this years game has been full of that.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #24
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't even care about a compensation at this point. I just want to be able to play the game online without any hassle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »