Home

Seeing What Pitcher You're Facing on Lineup Screen

This is a discussion on Seeing What Pitcher You're Facing on Lineup Screen within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Seeing What Pitcher You're Facing on Lineup Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
What I would like to see is a VS Right lineup and a VS Left Lineup.

But that would not be enough because then people would once again know if they were facing a lefty or not and they could just back out.

I think they just have to make it so that backing out at any point after the pitchers are revealed results in a loss.

What I think would also be a nice edition is if they actually allowed two DD roster sets so you could have your normal roster and a secondary one for missions and/or events. When I populated my roster with crappy AL Central players to achieve a mission goal then I was kind of locked in. If I wanted to play a Event or ranked game then I would have had to change my roster, played the ranked game, and then change the roster back to go back to my mission.

There's so many issues. Imagine how frustrating it would be to get a loss because you lose connection in the pregame lineup screen (happens to me all the time). I could go on for days.

Speaking of lineups and mission inconveniences: How about the fact that the All-Star Griffey spotlight mission has a deadline of 30 games, and it counts games that Griffey isn't even in your lineup or even on your team?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
What I think would also be a nice edition is if they actually allowed two DD roster sets so you could have your normal roster and a secondary one for missions and/or events. When I populated my roster with crappy AL Central players to achieve a mission goal then I was kind of locked in. If I wanted to play a Event or ranked game then I would have had to change my roster, played the ranked game, and then change the roster back to go back to my mission.
This is my main wish. FIFA, for instance, allows you to save multiple lineups, for various situations (max bronze, all from one country etc.)

I now have to write down lineups in a notebook, so I can remember to put it back in correct order after I switch players out for missons (all rookies, loaded with 2B for conquest etc.) It is only a couple of minutes, but it still discourages me to probe arou d and instead forces me to stick to one mode for a while.

As for the problem in the title, I had no idea that was a problem, or that people actually load up one dimensional players.
Granted, I played perhaps 5 online matches in 5 years, so it never bothered me. But it doesn't bother me vs. CPU either because part of my enjoyment is building a solid realistic team and lining their batting order up in the way that suits my playstyle.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:47 AM   #11
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I see both sides of the argument. Like it or not, playing lefty righty matchups is a big part of baseball. I get the whole making a well balanced team thing, but it's also fun to have a guy like Schwarber, who's dirt cheap. Your not going to play him ever if you don't know if it's a lefty or righty on the mound so it basically makes him useless other than pinch hitting. I feel like the importance should be placed on the pitcher not the batter so if I don't want to face Schwarber with a righty i'll put in a reliever. I dunno you burn through pitchers so fast in these 3 inning games anyways.

It's tough though. Unfortunately you have to make things not ideal to try and curb the cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #12
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't mind not seeing the opposing pitcher on the lineup screen against a human online, because of all the people backing out last year.

But against the CPU offline? Bring that **** back.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #13
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
I don't mind not seeing the opposing pitcher on the lineup screen against a human online, because of all the people backing out last year.

But against the CPU offline? Bring that **** back.
I agree with this 100%. Why can't we at least have it for offline diamond dynasty games (against computer or conquest)? Or even better, like was stated earlier, give us the ability to have a lineup against RHP and a lineup against LHP. And while we are at it, how about adding the DH (at least as an option). This mode is tailor made for a DH! If nothing else you should at least have a DH when playing conquest games or CPU games against AL teams.

Last edited by TheBigTee; 04-22-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #14
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
I agree with this 100%. Why can't we at least have it for offline diamond dynasty games (against computer or conquest)? Or even better, like was stated earlier, give us the ability to have a lineup against RHP and a lineup against LHP. And while we are at it, how about adding the DH (at least as an option). This mode is tailor made for a DH! If nothing else you should at least have a DH when playing conquest games or CPU games against AL teams.

The problem is that people will still just make their lineup of entirely opposite handed hitters that specialize in hitting righties/lefties. Tons of the people that play this game online are just losers trying to get a cheap win. They don't care about real baseball or baseball strategy, which is why this mechanic was implemented. There are plenty of left handed hitters that are serviceable against left handed pitching, but nobody cares about that.

Everyone just wants the easiest possible scenario, which is an opposite handed AB with a guy that can hit homeruns. In real baseball, Robinson Cano is not removed from the 3 hole because they're facing a lefty. Being able to set your lineup prior to facing a left handed pitcher would just lead to people doing the exact same thing as they did last year. The bottom line is that it's cheap And makes the game easy, even against the CPU.

Last edited by SigmundFraud; 04-22-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Stop with this argument of real life. This game is not real life nor is it ever going to be in an online game. You see these diamond teams out there that would be millions and millions more than even the Yankees would spend with pitching staffs that would rival the top 5 all time greats all on one team so don't sit there and preach realism when it comes to having an idea of what hand the pitcher is vs you.

Having a line up of players from different eras, different season, players who are 80 years old all mixed into the teams that are there is not real life either. The whole real life argument is meaningless without following along with a true real life product.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #16
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
Stop with this argument of real life. This game is not real life nor is it ever going to be in an online game. You see these diamond teams out there that would be millions and millions more than even the Yankees would spend with pitching staffs that would rival the top 5 all time greats all on one team so don't sit there and preach realism when it comes to having an idea of what hand the pitcher is vs you.

Having a line up of players from different eras, different season, players who are 80 years old all mixed into the teams that are there is not real life either. The whole real life argument is meaningless without following along with a true real life product.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The whole point of "real life" is the strategy aspect of baseball. Baseball is a strategy game. Allowing people to fill the lineup with opposite handed power hitters makes the game one dimensional. Obviously I know it's a game, but obviously I'd like it to resemble baseball and not chicken and beer league softball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »