Home

Collecting Every Team

This is a discussion on Collecting Every Team within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Collecting Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I pulled an Arenado and a bunch of Golds, which have helped me do 9 Teams at this point. But the reality is unless you're really good at Battle Royale or have oodles of cash, it's hard to finish these Collections off.

-A's
-Twins
-Rays
-Padres
-Phillies
-Royals
-Marlins
-White Sox
-Braves

Those 9 are your low-hanging fruits. After that, it gets into 30-40 K minimum to get what you need.
the Pirates aren't too bad if you can snipe Marte, and you get a diamond pitcher (who has been great for me online) and diamond Cutch who is my favorite player so far. A little more expensive than the teams listed above but well worth it.

I really hope the high rated diamonds drop in price soon. Trout/ALtuve and a few others are WAY overpriced.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idgachuck
the Pirates aren't too bad if you can snipe Marte, and you get a diamond pitcher (who has been great for me online) and diamond Cutch who is my favorite player so far. A little more expensive than the teams listed above but well worth it.

I really hope the high rated diamonds drop in price soon. Trout/ALtuve and a few others are WAY overpriced.
I just finished the Pirates. McCutchen was my loyalty reward, and I got Garret Cole in a Program Pack. I only really needed to pay for the Marte, but it was easier since his price came down after the PED suspension. I just need to grind for the Diamond McCutchen, but I think the little over 20K was worth it.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
MVP

Syce's Arena

its going to cost a lot. and since Mike Trout is 233k stubs last i looked, hes just under 200 RL dollars just for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #12
Rookie

I've been having great luck in packs this year, grinding like crazy, and can say it's much harder to collect all teams this year due to increased market values. Packed Trout, Harper, Betts, stubbed Altuve, Goldschmidt, Scherzer, Strasburg. Have 7 teams to go, but dreading the Dodgers and Indians. Hoping that we will be able to use tickets to buy diamond players soon.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

So far I've collected every Gold and lower card (plus Freeman since he moved up), that's allowed me to finish 13 collections. I kind of want to wait for Diamond prices to eventually go down but I know that won't be for many, many months.

Anyway, right now at current prices, it would cost 2,370,424 stubs to finish every collection. Currently I have ~150,000 stubs so I will need to earn ~6,750 stubs each day to purchase every card by the time MLB The Show 18 is released.

Obviously it will be less than that because I should hopefully be able to acquire some Diamonds through other means and the prices will go down eventually. Its nice being able to sell every card I get, that plus missions and selling BR and Seasons and Events rewards keeps the stubs pretty steady. Hopefully I'm able to accomplish that this year.

The only extra money I have put into the game was pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe edition.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I've completed a handful of teams and pushed to do the American League west. It's easiest to complete and the Ichiro card is worth it. Stick with teams that have no or only 1 Diamond player. I easily completed the braves before they made freeman a diamond and Milwaukee before they made Myers a gold. Teams with 3 or more Diamond players will easily cost you a couple hundred dollars per team and that's hefty money to spend on a game you won't play anymore in 6-7 months.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #15
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I've collected Every team without a diamond card, as well as the Braves(Collected when Freeman was gold). I'm thinking about just grinding my way to buying every diamond card, but the pack temptation will always be there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkatz
So I was wondering a couple of things from this community. First off, has anyone done this yet? And if so, how much real money did you spend? I'm trying to see how much real money I can expect to spend complete all/the important ones. I know I can check daddyleagues for this info, but I want to know real life experiences with this. Thanks guys.
I got lucky and pulled a chris sale last night, purchased 5 bases loaded packs. Got Chris Sale, McCutchen and the Diamond Griffey Cleats. I sold McCutchen since i already had one. Now im debating whether to take the Sale and Griffey Cleats and use that in the market, it would give me about 100k which i could the start flipping diamonds

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »