Home

Need Input for my team??

This is a discussion on Need Input for my team?? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need Input for my team??

I have Trea Turner at SS right now and I am not hitting well with him at all.

I was wondering if it is worth the stubs to get either Machado or Lindor to play that position? (and if they are good options?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Re: Need Input for my team??

Honestly, at shortstop right now just look at inside edge ratings and use someone fairly cheap. I had no trouble making it to World Series alternating between Brandon Crawford and Asdrubal Cabrera based on daily ratings. Cabrera is a monster offensively when he has good inside edge, and Crawford is just always solid.

You'd be better off investing those stubs elsewhere as I don't think Machado's card is that great and there are better ways to spend ~70k stubs than buying Lindor. I'm sure they will release a Hanley or Jose Reyes at some point that would be a much better investment.

For now, if you're dying to have a diamond at shortstop do the rangers collection and get Buddy Bell. He's cheaper and better than Machado and Lindor.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Honestly, at shortstop right now just look at inside edge ratings and use someone fairly cheap. I had no trouble making it to World Series alternating between Brandon Crawford and Asdrubal Cabrera based on daily ratings. Cabrera is a monster offensively when he has good inside edge, and Crawford is just always solid.

You'd be better off investing those stubs elsewhere as I don't think Machado's card is that great and there are better ways to spend ~70k stubs than buying Lindor. I'm sure they will release a Hanley or Jose Reyes at some point that would be a much better investment.

For now, if you're dying to have a diamond at shortstop do the rangers collection and get Buddy Bell. He's cheaper and better than Machado and Lindor.
Yup, I used Trevor Story for the longest time, now I use that Marlins Hanley for the team epic, hes nasty.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

I second what Sigmund said, especially the point about bargain shortstops, & specifically Asdrubal Cabrera. Switch hitting shortstop with a nice batting stance & pop vs both righties & lefties. & when he's boosted, he's typically going to have Power vs R in the 87-95 range, if I'm not mistaken it was boosted up to 99 a few days ago..... Can also play 2nd base

Crazy really lol. When he's boosted its like having an All Star flashback card of his peak season from Cleveland. Maybe better....

Also Carlos Correa. He was my default gold player this year & I've never removed him from my lineup. Dude is monster for me, doubles machine, & hits jacks at surprisingly good rate. Totally reliable at the plate & in the field, you lose a little speed from Turner but you gain some Power. I'd suggest trying those two out first, cause if you're having trouble with Turner, who's to say you won't also struggle with Lindor? And Machado vs Correa is honestly probably a wash, especially the days where Correa is boosted. Save your stubs. Trust some of those 'bargain' players

Jung ho Kang is another option
Old 04-27-2017, 02:36 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYsportsjunkie
I second what Sigmund said, especially the point about bargain shortstops, & specifically Asdrubal Cabrera. Switch hitting shortstop with a nice batting stance & pop vs both righties & lefties. & when he's boosted, he's typically going to have Power vs R in the 87-95 range, if I'm not mistaken it was boosted up to 99 a few days ago..... Can also play 2nd base

Crazy really lol. When he's boosted its like having an All Star flashback card of his peak season from Cleveland. Maybe better....

Also Carlos Correa. He was my default gold player this year & I've never removed him from my lineup. Dude is monster for me, doubles machine, & hits jacks at surprisingly good rate. Totally reliable at the plate & in the field, you lose a little speed from Turner but you gain some Power. I'd suggest trying those two out first, cause if you're having trouble with Turner, who's to say you won't also struggle with Lindor? And Machado vs Correa is honestly probably a wash, especially the days where Correa is boosted. Save your stubs. Trust some of those 'bargain' players

Jung ho Kang is another option
I use Cabrera at 2B, I think I will try out Correa because I won't have to lock him in as per say the collection or epic players...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »