Home

Update increased pitch speeds ?

This is a discussion on Update increased pitch speeds ? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Update increased pitch speeds ?

Been playing conquest for weeks and absolutely raking. Now after an update this morning even tho it said was almost a week ago, im late on fastballs. Prior, I was murdering 95 mph pitches. Switched to hdr then off again and just can't seem to hit the same. Been in game mode the entire time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Re: Update increased pitch speeds ?

I've noticed this too, especially online. Maybe I'm just in a slump or something but it definitely seems different.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've noticed this too, with the added bonus of nearly every single hard hit ball into the outfield going directly to an outfielder without them even having to so much as move.

As a result, these 5 doubles I have to hit with Buddy Bell has become a nightmare
Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
I've noticed this too, with the added bonus of nearly every single hard hit ball into the outfield going directly to an outfielder without them even having to so much as move.

As a result, these 5 doubles I have to hit with Buddy Bell has become a nightmare

Yep. It seems that the outfielders have made their way back to being perfect fielding robots. Every defender makes Willie Mays catches when you hit a ball in their vicinity. When the game first released it was pretty common it hit balls over their heads or have them misplay.

I could just be totally wrong, but it really seems like something is at least a little different.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Yep. It seems that the outfielders have made their way back to being perfect fielding robots. Every defender makes Willie Mays catches when you hit a ball in their vicinity. When the game first released it was pretty common it hit balls over their heads or have them misplay.

I could just be totally wrong, but it really seems like something is at least a little different.
The most common animation I see now is the one where the fielder is running, sticks out his glove and catches it with one hand, over the shoulder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Fwiw I had a match yesterday where it went over my outfielder's shoulder in the manner described above. He reached out for the catch, but just missed it. So it still happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »