Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

The third of MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty Programs was just released, this time featuring an 86 overall Breakout Doug Drabek. Much like the Chris Archer and Chipper Jones Programs, this one involves multiple modes of play, with the most challenging accomplishments being 15 wins with Breakout Series players in head-to-head online games, and tallying 75 strikeouts with Breakout Series pitchers in Ranked Seasons games.

I am sure some will be frustrated by this program in that there are already two Doug Drabeks available (a Rookie Series version in the Ticket Counter store, and a Diamond version for collecting all Pirates). There have been some complaints about multiple versions of players being released rather than more unique legends finding their way into Diamond Dynasty mode thus far, and so this adds to that glut via a whole program revolving around getting a redundant player. To be fair, how many legends are in the game is purely based on who Sony has the rights to put in the game to begin with, and so if their legend pool does not have the depth to make it through a whole season, this is one way to at least try and extend the life of the mode.

That being said, for those who enjoy the challenge of completing missions to get the XP, players, packs and Stubs, this is another way to spend time doing just that.

Finally, Set 3 of the Standard Packs was also released today, featuring exclusive players Breakout Edgar Martinez and Breakout Bob Feller.

Platform: PS4

Last edited by ChaseB; 05-03-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Breakout Doug Drabek Program Released

How many breakouts are needed for the collection?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Winning 15 ranked seasons games with Breakout starters seems like an awful lot of work for an 86 rated Doug Drabek, especially considering you can essentially just buy a much better version by getting all the Pirates.

Same goes for Archer and Chipper tbh, it's a lot of work for very unremarkable rewards. Obviously if you're like me and just like doing missions then more missions is always good, but it feels like a pretty poor reward considering how they throw diamonds at you in other modes (the conquest ones in particular)

I feel like they badly misjudged these programs
Old 05-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Winning 15 ranked seasons games with Breakout starters seems like an awful lot of work for an 86 rated Doug Drabek, especially considering you can essentially just buy a much better version by getting all the Pirates.

Same goes for Archer and Chipper tbh, it's a lot of work for very unremarkable rewards. Obviously if you're like me and just like doing missions then more missions is always good, but it feels like a pretty poor reward considering how they throw diamonds at you in other modes (the conquest ones in particular)

I feel like they badly misjudged these programs

Seems like they misjudged nearly everything this year. I.E. the ticket counter, events rewards, need I go on? Good concepts not being executed very effectively.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

The Archer and Chipper programs are weak as well, but 15 wins for an 86? I'd rather just buy all the gold players I need to get the 92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Seems like they misjudged nearly everything this year. I.E. the ticket counter, events rewards, need I go on? Good concepts not being executed very effectively.
Yup, I'm about level 60 gold, for all the good that does me.

I honestly thought the programs were going to be like the Griffey one, so we'd start with Rookie Chris Archer and if we did all the missions we'd get the Diamond Chris Archer, then the same for Chipper and now Drabek. Instead you have to jump through a lot of hoops for a card that's essentially worthless. Just seems like a missed opportunity
Old 05-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Yup, I'm about level 60 gold, for all the good that does me.

I honestly thought the programs were going to be like the Griffey one, so we'd start with Rookie Chris Archer and if we did all the missions we'd get the Diamond Chris Archer, then the same for Chipper and now Drabek. Instead you have to jump through a lot of hoops for a card that's essentially worthless. Just seems like a missed opportunity
It would be one thing if Rookie Archer and Chipper were quick and easy because you're getting silvers. But instead they force you to go online
Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Is this program worth 3% in the dynasty program? If so that's about the only reason I'm doing it. I'm 3% away from Lou Brock right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »