Home

The Pepe Alazar Saga

This is a discussion on The Pepe Alazar Saga within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Pepe Alazar Saga

Stupidest thing Ive ever seen
Old 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I played two guys with that pepe card yesterday in BR. Beat them both. If that is the umtimate reward to dynasty program, thats just dumb. Oh well, i only need 5 more BR wins to get my 99 Griffey!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
The biggest problem with all of it is that it's not that difficult to obtain these things. By next week many people are going to have AT LEAST 99 Griffey, 99 Vida Blue, 99 Ripken just handed to them. I'm happy they have such great free rewards this year, but I didn't expect them to be available this soon? They're just going to give us the best shortstop on the game right now? It's going to ruin team variety sooner rather than later. It's disappointing because I had actually noticed a significant change this year in terms of people actually having different lineups.

The Pepe thing is just stupid, I really cant understand how any single person thought that was a good idea, much less and entire team of people. At least he's a little harder to obtain, but then again if you've spent $$$ on the game he's right around the corner for you.

This is legitimately something that will ruin the game for a lot of people. I think SDS would have fixed it if they had time, but now so many people already have these reward cards it's probably too late. How can they so consistently underestimate basic stuff? I can't see why they would have done this if they actually thought people would already be completing it.

What was the rush to release impact veteran Griffey? Why do people need all of this right now? With So many months ahead to release content and add new players, they chose now to give out 5+ 99s? I love this game, but man this is disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly, so much of this game just doesn't feel thought through at all. It's the "get a worthless McGriff as a reward for getting a better Freddie Freeman" stuff just at every level. No one who had ever talked to the community for any length of time would think releasing a maxed out made up player as the ultimate reward was even a remotely good idea, but they clearly just decided it amongst themselves and put it in as an "in joke", but at the expense of everyone who wants to play the game.

Now it also just seems like they are just desperately reacting to try and get people to stop pointing out how terrible a job they've done, that's the reason why they've essentially just given everyone Vet Griffey now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Now it also just seems like they are just desperately reacting to try and get people to stop pointing out how terrible a job they've done, that's the reason why they've essentially just given everyone Vet Griffey now.
I agree with this. If the online rollout was flawless, no way we see these cards, this soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

With this, online servers, and the awful non historic ratings of players by 1 Year instead of their career. DD has been a swing and miss for me this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Who are they appealing too with this stuff, man? I want as close to a baseball sim as possible and they made it clear they don't care about Online Franchise now they are trying to drive me away from DD and BR. Why does this game need to cater to people who are bad at it? The Create-A-Player feature is already bad enough but you can avoid it in BR but now they add this Pepe Alazar. It's just annoying. I just don't know who feels good about this card being released when the servers have been in such bad shape.

Please fix the game not try and turn this into an arcade game with homogeneous game play. Please stop making the focus on getting more money for stubs to complete these challenges and do your loyal customers a favor and fix why we play the game.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #15
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

The stupidest thing is that this game was supposed to be all about Griffey. He's on the cover, there's a special program all about him and the 5 different versions of him, but at the end of the day they go and make this made up player who just blows him out of the water. Just makes absolutely no sense from any standpoint. I really do wonder whether anyone at SDS has any common sense at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #16
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
The stupidest thing is that this game was supposed to be all about Griffey. He's on the cover, there's a special program all about him and the 5 different versions of him, but at the end of the day they go and make this made up player who just blows him out of the water. Just makes absolutely no sense from any standpoint. I really do wonder whether anyone at SDS has any common sense at all.
Yep, and the Griffey card is great but the Andre Dawson card is superior. So much for that giant grind reward.

Also, people talked about this in other threads, but the collection rewards are really underwhelming. And so are the rewards for collecting divisions. Why the hell are those rewards worse than the cards we have to acquire to finish collections?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »