Home

The Pepe Alazar Saga

This is a discussion on The Pepe Alazar Saga within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #25
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Pepe Alazar Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
You have to get every single card in the game and complete every epic to get Pepe. Not many people are going to be able to do that. I bet it is going to be very rare to see a team with Pepe online in H2H.
If a team is that loaded im not going to be able to beat them anyway, regardless if they have Pepe or not.

Even though it will take a while, ill be able to complete the stat based missions and get 99 Griffey eventually. However, i will never be able to complete every single collection in the game and get Pepe.
You don't need to complete the collections, the Dynasty missions add up to well over 100%. Once a few more programs are out, everyone will be able to get to 100% without the collections. Throw in that he's in BR as well and you'll be seeing a lot of him as the year goes on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #26
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
You don't need to complete the collections, the Dynasty missions add up to well over 100%. Once a few more programs are out, everyone will be able to get to 100% without the collections. Throw in that he's in BR as well and you'll be seeing a lot of him as the year goes on
Are you sure about that?

The rookie programs count 1%. The Drabek and Cruz programs count 3%.

Do all of those programs as well as conquest and you're only at 16%. Even if doing the Griffey program brings it to 30%, there's still a ways to go.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #27
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Are you sure about that?

The rookie programs count 1%. The Drabek and Cruz programs count 3%.

Do all of those programs as well as conquest and you're only at 16%. Even if doing the Griffey program brings it to 30%, there's still a ways to go.
Yup, the value of the programs goes up exponentially. Some of the later ones are worth something like 20%+ iirc. Very doable if you keep doing the new programs
Old 05-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #28
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Looks like Alazar is the reward for Joe Random's player epic.

Does that make it better or worse? I don't know.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 2
The Pepe Alazar Saga

And they seriously couldn't come up with a better name?

What even triggers that Joe Random mission?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-21-2017, 03:42 AM   #30
Rookie

I don't play online, so I'll never play with or against Pepe, but I do agree it is stupid. They should have just pumped up that 99 Griffey to all 99s, at least it would have fit the theme.
That and this Joe Random just somehow cheapens the experience to me.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #31
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Still cant wrap my ahead around the fact that a team of adult game developers thought this was a good idea. That just sounds so unfathomable. There are an endless supply of players they could add to this if they spent a little money but its painfully clear this is just a massive money grab for them with no thought process or actual plan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #32
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Still cant wrap my ahead around the fact that a team of adult game developers thought this was a good idea. That just sounds so unfathomable. There are an endless supply of players they could add to this if they spent a little money but its painfully clear this is just a massive money grab for them with no thought process or actual plan
I think they actually think this sort of nonsense is funny. It's like how they've been sending out tweets about their "hilarious" RTTS guy asking for peoples thoughts, then all they get is people giving them abuse about their servers, yet they carry regardless, just ignoring that none of the fanbase seem remotely interested in it.

I wish I had Ramones job, being community manager for a company that completely ignores their community seems like a pretty sweet gig. Just hang out with Anthony Rizzo for a bit to sell the game, then go on holiday for 10 months once the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »