Home

Frustrated with hitting

This is a discussion on Frustrated with hitting within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 12:36 AM   #9
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Frustrated with hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Well I have to do something different so I ordered the monitor. Results now are wildly inconsistent and making me lose interest in playing. I'll let you know when I get to try it out this weekend if it makes a huge difference. I hope it does.

I sure hope it works out for you, I'll be interested to hear how it goes. As long as you got 5ms or less refresh rate you should see some improvement. I've been in your shoes before, but since buying this monitor hitting has not been an issue.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:32 AM   #10
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Not just you man. This is the worst, most unrealistic version of hitting the game has had in over a decade. Just late on inside fastballs should result in jam shots or bloop hits at MOST. Not upper deck opposite field homers. This game is a joke unless they fix that. Hitting is just broken otherwise, guys can just sit on offspeed and be just late on fastballs and not have any consequences whatsoever.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:39 AM   #11
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

They need to just fix the damn hitting. Its so wildly inconsistent and not realistic at all The amount of good timing swing I have on balls on the center of the plate yet I pull them a mile foul is absolutely ridiculous, then you see good timing on something over the middle and hit a homer to right center, it makes no sense. Everything is so wildly inconsistent. But that seems to be the theme this year. Meter pitching is a joke. The hitting is a joke. I cant stand the variable strike zone.

All that said, I still play the game way too much everyday haha.

Last edited by mikeq672; 05-22-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 04:28 AM   #12
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I lasted about a month but unless a major change or patch is coming I doubt I go back. I haven't popped the game in my PS4 in a little over two weeks and have had no urge to do so. Game is just not fun and you save yourself a lot of frustration from simply not playing.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:27 AM   #13
Rookie

The power swing should not be the preferred type of swing they need to make the penalty much more dramatic for using that type of swing I have played against guys and I am sure most of you have too that power 90% of the time if not more. Not sure the perfect solution but base it after base hit using power swing and most likely directional hitting needs to be addressed.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #14
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalderm
The power swing should not be the preferred type of swing they need to make the penalty much more dramatic for using that type of swing I have played against guys and I am sure most of you have too that power 90% of the time if not more. Not sure the perfect solution but base it after base hit using power swing and most likely directional hitting needs to be addressed.

I'm pretty sure it shrinks the timing window and it definitely decreases your vision. It takes a lot of practice to get used to it. I kind of think it is user preference. If you want to swing for the fences, but strikeout/pop out more, why can't you? Power swinging definitely does not come without penalty.

I'm talking specifically about zone hitting, directional is a whole different story. The fact of the matter is that this is still a video game and there are going to be people that are just too good at it no matter what.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
I'm pretty sure it shrinks the timing window and it definitely decreases your vision. It takes a lot of practice to get used to it. I kind of think it is user preference. If you want to swing for the fences, but strikeout/pop out more, why can't you? Power swinging definitely does not come without penalty.

I'm talking specifically about zone hitting, directional is a whole different story. The fact of the matter is that this is still a video game and there are going to be people that are just too good at it no matter what.
I can't say 100% but I would guess that the majority of people using power swing all the time use directional hitting because in my experience zone hitting with power swing is tough to square up unless you know what is coming (i.e. the opposing pitcher is predictable). I do agree that some people are just really good at the game and can power swing with zone hitting and get good results but with the amount of people exclusively using the power swing I find it hard to believe that many people are that good with zone hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #16
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalderm
I can't say 100% but I would guess that the majority of people using power swing all the time use directional hitting because in my experience zone hitting with power swing is tough to square up unless you know what is coming (i.e. the opposing pitcher is predictable). I do agree that some people are just really good at the game and can power swing with zone hitting and get good results but with the amount of people exclusively using the power swing I find it hard to believe that many people are that good with zone hitting.

Maybe I'm just an outlier in the sense that I can hit .370+ while power swinging and using zone hitting. Once you start playing people that are rated 950+ they can mash, it's just part of the game when you get to that level. There's not that many people that are really good at zone hitting, but the people that are good at it will knock you around. It can be frustrating.

Lots of my friends use X and zone and have similar stats as me. They don't know how I can stand to power swing, I don't know how they can stand not to. It's just something I've always done since playing on ps2.

I personally don't know anyone who has legitimate success using directional hitting. I've never tried it so idk how "good" it is, but I've given up my fair share of low and away change ups pulled for homers to people using it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »