Home

Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

This is a discussion on Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #17
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
Physics and realism go out the window once you start playing people using directional hitting with diamond lineups. If they have any concept of pitch recognition you'll never strike them out.
If the developers allow the directional to stay mixed in with zone hitters in future games. Maybe have a lower xp increase in ranked seasons for directional users. Some sort of way to steer more people away from using directional.

It would be nice to separate directional from zone hitters by having their own searches.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
If the developers allow the directional to stay mixed in with zone hitters in future games. Maybe have a lower xp increase in ranked seasons for directional users. Some sort of way to steer more people away from using directional.

It would be nice to separate directional from zone hitters by having their own searches.

I love that idea a zone hitting pool in the season and a directional hitting pool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #19
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

It was posted on their forums that they were temporarily raising the setting to HOF hitting. I guess they want to gather some online stats and go from there.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker3771
It was posted on their forums that they were temporarily raising the setting to HOF hitting. I guess they want to gather some online stats and go from there.
That was only for BR
Old 06-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #21
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

I thought hitting was great, until a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure if I jumped a level... but even if I predict the exact pitch and exact location, it's insanely difficult to square anything up. The PCI seems so small and so sensitive, it would take Jedi-like skills to have competitive at-bats.

I'm considering switching to directional hitting... I'm not sure exactly how it works. Do you press a direction (making the screen tilt) on most every pitch, or is that only when you're specifically trying to put the ball somewhere (hit&run or sac fly) ??

FWIW I haven't played in over a week so I can't confirm that the hitting is still messed up. But it was frustrating because I have quick reflexes and baseball savvy and felt like I was in total control of the outcome of the game. If I wasn't hitting well, it was because I wasn't focused. If I was getting lit up, it was because I was making bad pitches or outclassed by an opponent.

Now it feels like both teams are swinging pool noodles in the dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #22
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
I thought hitting was great, until a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure if I jumped a level... but even if I predict the exact pitch and exact location, it's insanely difficult to square anything up. The PCI seems so small and so sensitive, it would take Jedi-like skills to have competitive at-bats.

I'm considering switching to directional hitting... I'm not sure exactly how it works. Do you press a direction (making the screen tilt) on most every pitch, or is that only when you're specifically trying to put the ball somewhere (hit&run or sac fly) ??

FWIW I haven't played in over a week so I can't confirm that the hitting is still messed up. But it was frustrating because I have quick reflexes and baseball savvy and felt like I was in total control of the outcome of the game. If I wasn't hitting well, it was because I wasn't focused. If I was getting lit up, it was because I was making bad pitches or outclassed by an opponent.

Now it feels like both teams are swinging pool noodles in the dark.
well the PCI are smaller because of Vision is now a factor, if you use guys like Joey Gallo they have like almost no vision so their PCI will be small+pitchers makeup.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 06-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
well the PCI are smaller because of Vision is now a factor, if you use guys like Joey Gallo they have like almost no vision so their PCI will be small+pitchers makeup.
But that doesn’t stop Joey Gallo....guys are still mashing HRs offpitches way out of the zone with him.

Before the last patch the PCI was floating everywhere no matter where you aimed it and when you did square up with good timing on a pitch down the middle you hit weak grounders, line drives at”em balls, or easy fly outs. They release a patch to make it easier to get good contact moving the PCI left or right so it will make hitting pitches out of the zone easier but they never addressed the fore mentioned issues.

Hitting isconpletley backwards in this game. Free swingers are rewarded with physically impossible hits on balls way out of the zone and patient hitters are punished by hitting easy outs when they wait for a good pitch and square it up with good timing. So unbelievably stupid
Old 06-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #24
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
But that doesn’t stop Joey Gallo....guys are still mashing HRs offpitches way out of the zone with him.

Before the last patch the PCI was floating everywhere no matter where you aimed it and when you did square up with good timing on a pitch down the middle you hit weak grounders, line drives at”em balls, or easy fly outs. They release a patch to make it easier to get good contact moving the PCI left or right so it will make hitting pitches out of the zone easier but they never addressed the fore mentioned issues.

Hitting isconpletley backwards in this game. Free swingers are rewarded with physically impossible hits on balls way out of the zone and patient hitters are punished by hitting easy outs when they wait for a good pitch and square it up with good timing. So unbelievably stupid
I dont even know where to begin with hitting. Im reluctantly trying to play this event and get the 20 wins but I can barely score. Every game I play is 1-0 essentially. Im facing 55 overall starters for multiple innings and squaring balls up and getting nothing.

Nothing about hitting makes any sense online. Im early on fastballs, im late on offspeed pitches. I square up balls and just hit lazy fly balls or grounders. Sometimes its even a foul tip or "okay" contact despite good timing and the ball in the middle of the pci. It makes literally no sense. Yet I can throw a ball a foot of the plate outside to Joey Gallo and my opponent will just hit a homer. I feel nearly helpless, I know where the ball is gonna be pitched half the time and I still cant get a hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »