Home

Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

This is a discussion on Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

I like that hitting is difficult in RS, and I haven't seen many issues with my feedback not matching the result i.e. lazy pop flies on Good/Good feedback when I square up a pitch. Early on in my RS experience, I'm really enjoying it. Over a larger sample size, I may share the same frustrations many of you have voiced. At this point my main issues are the lack of hit type variety (there are way more home runs than other extra base hits or even singles) and the goofiness of fielding (lack of fluidity even for elite defenders, players "forgetting" to put their gloves up to catch the ball, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #42
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Here’s another great example of the broken hitting and utter nonsense that ruins RS play. Once again another 1-0 snoozefest this one a victory for me but boring all the same. We each had 3 hits and his pitcher had 2 of his and my pitcher had 2 of mine. Our diamond level players hit balls squarely multiple times but everything was on string right to a fielder. For my part I had at least 8 balls dead center of the plate I hit with perfect PCI, Good contact, good timing right at him. My pitcher though bloops 2 singles in.
My victory comes all in the 7th inning. I reach on an error when his fielder does that idiotic pick up the ball and drop it thing, my pitcher gets a bloop single, I hit a squib fielders choice so I have second and third with 1 out, I hit a sac fly. All my recent RS since the last patch are 1-0 or 2-1 boring games with bad hitting physics.

There is absolutely no joy in playmg these games. No big hit to win it, no great fielding play to rob someone of a hit, and Gappers STILL don’t exist. Every game feels the same and you can almost script the outcomes
Old 06-20-2018, 02:17 AM   #43
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
They could just simply get rid of strike zone camera for hitting and that would solve hitting too. Hitting in that view compared to a regular view is just way too easy. Ever since that douchey youtuber started doing it a like two years ago, everyone followed suit. You dont chase pitches and see everything way too well in that camera. The hitting overall was solid 3 years ago, and with the ball physics improvements since then, it would be damn close to perfect if people just used a regular camera.

I would agree with pitch speed I think. Im early on nearly every fastball I see online. But I am also late on a ton of offspeed pitches for some reason so I kind of think something there is broken. Or my connection is just funky.

Well that and getting rid of all the intentional randomness they added to the game. I shouldnt homer on a ball I swing nearly completely over, but then somehow foul tip a ball in the middle of the pci with good timing.

Pretty sure you are talking about me. The game has all kinds of issues n the cameras are not one. But thanks for calling me names when you probably know nothing of me. I been on these forums for nearly 15 years and have helped plenty on here. So please think before you speak. Thats pretty immature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Old 06-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #44
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
Pretty sure you are talking about me. The game has all kinds of issues n the cameras are not one. But thanks for calling me names when you probably know nothing of me. I been on these forums for nearly 15 years and have helped plenty on here. So please think before you speak. Thats pretty immature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty douchey move to take something entirely subject to opinion, and tell someone their opinion is wrong. I stand by my comment.

Last edited by mikeq672; 06-20-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #45
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Well I was the only one who made those type of videos a few years ago. My bad for trying to help the community. I am sure you are a splendid individual in person as well.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #46
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Pretty douchey move to take something entirely subject to opinion, and tell someone their opinion is wrong. I stand by my comment.
You're going to stand by a ban the next time you refer to a user of OS as "Douchey" because you don't like his opinion.

You may not like Strike Zone but removing an option as a way to play is never the answer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #47
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You're going to stand by a ban the next time you refer to a user of OS as "Douchey" because you don't like his opinion.

You may not like Strike Zone but removing an option as a way to play is never the answer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
I dont think thats exactly what happened there but noted. I wouldnt have doubled down on my comment if he didnt jab back at an extremely vague comment that he just assumed was directed at him.

And removing an option that makes the game inherently too easy and takes away from the integrity of the sport is something that might be the answer sometimes.

I mean do people really not see the correlation/hypocrisy with hitting becoming entirely too easy, and them using an unrealistic camera that makes hitting a ton easier?

When my buddy plays NHL, he uses the settings where he just hits a button to shoot and the game aims the puck in the perfect place for him for each shot. But that option isnt allowed online for very obvious reasons. Some settings options are bad for the game competitively, especially when people are investing countless hours and hundreds of dollars into a game mode.

I mean we can all agree to disagree here but the fact remains that the game came under fire in a big way for hitting being way too easy, but most people are using a setting that makes hitting much easier for them.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #48
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Past two days I've been horrible. I felt like I've been squaring up balls and they either go to the track or get popped up. This happens when I get over 800. Been a roller coaster of over/under 800. Under 800 it's too easy to hit IMO.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »