Home

Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

This is a discussion on Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #57
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: Hitting in Ranked Seasons Harder Now?

I’be been debating starting a franchise because I think the game plays beautifully offline. But my god my spirit is just so broken I can’t even bring myself to turn the game on to set it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #58
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I'm not saying it to be a jerk, but this game seems to make you miserable. Maybe taking a break is the way to go. The next patch is always around the corner! Maybe hitting will be more to your liking then
No offense taken I have stepped away from it for now. I just love the game when it plays right and don’t understand why they just don’t let skill decide outcomes rather than the randomness of the current hitting. Imagine playing CoD and you shoot your opponent in the face with a RPG and it doesn’t kill him but his pistol shot to your pinky takes you out. That’s how hitting feels in this game lol. I really enjoy the game offline and have had some really fun RS games win or lose but the last patch just killed it for me. Hoping the next patch brings back some fun
Old 06-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #59
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I’be been debating starting a franchise because I think the game plays beautifully offline. But my god my spirit is just so broken I can’t even bring myself to turn the game on to set it up lol

Unfortunately franchise mode is such an outdated, lazily thrown together piece of junk that the fantastic gameplay isn't enough to hold it together.

Somehow we've ended up with a terrible mode with great gameplay and a mode with endless potential but terrible gameplay.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #60
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Unfortunately franchise mode is such an outdated, lazily thrown together piece of junk that the fantastic gameplay isn't enough to hold it together.

Somehow we've ended up with a terrible mode with great gameplay and a mode with endless potential but terrible gameplay.

Impressive.

So I’m stepping away for awhile. Played a game again this afternoon. Lost 1-0 in the 10th inning when I gave up a solo shot. Sutton pitched 9 innings 3 hits and 15ks. I can think of 3 line drives hit the entire game. One by Sutton of all people to the wall. Another line drive he hit to my RF and the HR. I had 5 hits. 4 grounders through a hole and a bloop hit by Sutton.

It feels like if a ball is anything but perfect centered the odds of a anything but a weak hit is zero. And even if you square it up it’s 50/50 at best. Add in the hyper speed that the PCI moves around the zone and hitting is nothing but frustrating now. It’s not fun. At all.

I might hop back on to do the Frank Thomas missions when he drops. But I’ll do them offline and then maybe be done for good. Madden drops in a little over a month.

Such an utter disappointment this game was.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:37 PM   #61
Rookie

I've just gone back to grinding and playing HOF and Legend and have enjoyed the game much more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #62
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

So I hadn’t played the game in 5 days and decided to go back to grinding missions but after a couple games I made the big mistake of trying a ranked season game. Only 2 weak hits each despite squaring up on a bunch and it’s 0-0 in the 8th. I walk Eric Hosmer but I get 2 outs and his pitcher Yu Darvish is up. Despite having no lead Hosmer becomes Ricky Henderson and steals 2nd by a mile. Sure enough despite our Diamond players squaring up on balls but hitting like a toddlers Yu Darvish rips a slider outside for a solid single to right field and Hosmer tries for Home. I have him out by mile by Diamoind rated catcher drops not only drops the ball but it rolls 5 feet away from him so Hosmer can trot home. I end up losing....yep you guessed it 1-0.

This game has become absolutely stupid and I’m officially done until something changes
Old 06-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
So I hadn’t played the game in 5 days and decided to go back to grinding missions but after a couple games I made the big mistake of trying a ranked season game. Only 2 weak hits each despite squaring up on a bunch and it’s 0-0 in the 8th. I walk Eric Hosmer but I get 2 outs and his pitcher Yu Darvish is up. Despite having no lead Hosmer becomes Ricky Henderson and steals 2nd by a mile. Sure enough despite our Diamond players squaring up on balls but hitting like a toddlers Yu Darvish rips a slider outside for a solid single to right field and Hosmer tries for Home. I have him out by mile by Diamoind rated catcher drops not only drops the ball but it rolls 5 feet away from him so Hosmer can trot home. I end up losing....yep you guessed it 1-0.

This game has become absolutely stupid and I’m officially done until something changes
I'm still pretty new to Ranked Seasons, but I've been able to hit reasonably well in the lower leagues (currently sitting at 575 ranking). Are you playing at 800 or above? Because I've read the difficulty jumps from All Star to Hall of Fame in the top two leagues, and I'm sure hitting is crazy difficult with the smaller PCI and superior players. Just trying to figure out what I'm in for if I ever make it that far!
Old 06-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #64
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I'm still pretty new to Ranked Seasons, but I've been able to hit reasonably well in the lower leagues (currently sitting at 575 ranking). Are you playing at 800 or above? Because I've read the difficulty jumps from All Star to Hall of Fame in the top two leagues, and I'm sure hitting is crazy difficult with the smaller PCI and superior players. Just trying to figure out what I'm in for if I ever make it that far!
I’m get close to 800 but that’s it. Everyone has their comfort spot. I was hitting ok regardless of rank before the last patch. I’m waiting until next patch and I will try again. I may hit well then and others may not. I just think it’s stupid I can drill singles with my pitchers but can’t hit for squat with Diamond level players on balls right down the middle and well timed. That’s where I know it’s not a difficulty rating type thing. If it was just harder to hit because I moved up a level than surely I shouldn’t be hitting so much with a pitcher. It’s as if the better the card the worse they hit....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »