Home

Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

This is a discussion on Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

Is there any chance they change his stance and socks in one of these updates? I know they don't have time to MoCap his actual swing but there's gotta be a stance that's already in the game that's close they can switch him too. Drives me nuts that he's not even close in game to an actual representation of his real life self

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #18
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Is there any chance they change his stance and socks in one of these updates? I know they don't have time to MoCap his actual swing but there's gotta be a stance that's already in the game that's close they can switch him too. Drives me nuts that he's not even close in game to an actual representation of his real life self

His pants drive me nuts. I've been using him since the game came out so I've basically perfected his swing.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:26 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
The roster updates are for more than just DD. It's to keep the rosters accurate and up to date. If you think they're keeping Judge a silver all year just because there's a POM card you're insane.

Still think I'm insane? Notice how there are no diamond POM cards. One could argue for Jose Ramirez now too

Old 07-14-2017, 02:27 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelv93
Still think I'm insane? Notice how there are no diamond POM cards. One could argue for Jose Ramirez now too

The updates are 100% leaned towards DD because that's where people are constantly spending money.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #21
MVP

ph33's Arena

I sold 11 of my judges the other day when he was going for about 9k

It was pretty great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Why would he be gold though he literally has a gold card already. If he went gold SDS loses out on his player of the month card because it would be worthless.

Yeah you also said this. Judge's live card has the exact same ratings as his POTM card. And the value of his POTM card has dropped by about half. With an IE Boost the love card is usually already better.

If Judge is still performing at an MVP level a month from now, I guarantee they make him a diamond card.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah you also said this. Judge's live card has the exact same ratings as his POTM card. And the value of his POTM card has dropped by about half. With an IE Boost the love card is usually already better.

If Judge is still performing at an MVP level a month from now, I guarantee they make him a diamond card.

My argument wasn't that he won't ever go diamond, but if you think that they aren't delaying a player to go diamond who had 30 bombs at the all star break because of all the people that have invested into him and his POTM card then you are incorrect. It's a business trying to have the largest profit margin they can.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #24
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
My argument wasn't that he won't ever go diamond, but if you think that they aren't delaying a player to go diamond who had 30 bombs at the all star break because of all the people that have invested into him and his POTM card then you are incorrect. It's a business trying to have the largest profit margin they can.

It really isn't. There are tons of cards that could be upgraded but haven't been, it's not an evil scheme to screw you over, it's just not been his (third) turn yet. Plenty of just as deserving players have had to wait a few weeks to get their upgrade, just relax and wait, he'll get one eventually. (Johnny Cueto has only just been downgraded after sucking all year, was that an evil scheme to steal stubs as well?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »