Home

Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

This is a discussion on Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any Chance Judge Goes Straight to Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
It really isn't. There are tons of cards that could be upgraded but haven't been, it's not an evil scheme to screw you over, it's just not been his (third) turn yet. Plenty of just as deserving players have had to wait a few weeks to get their upgrade, just relax and wait, he'll get one eventually. (Johnny Cueto has only just been downgraded after sucking all year, was that an evil scheme to steal stubs as well?)

I honestly think SDS has taken note of the mass investing. There are people that literally are buying 1000 cards of one player that will go gold. They are losing money and they need to make it more of a lottery/crap shoot. Take Andrus for example, if they are more hit and miss people won't go all in on investments that should be a for sure. They aren't upgrading those who should deserve it, more dark horses now like Simmons, no one sees that coming so no one turns a profit, what does happen is that people buy 50 Elvis Andrus and then sell them back to the game when his price drops 50% after he doesn't go gold, market and SDS wins that way. I don't think it's an evil scheme or it's out of malice, it's just simply what it is. They upgraded him only 2 overall because now that buys them another 3 weeks of not having to upgrade his card to diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #26
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelv93
I honestly think SDS has taken note of the mass investing. There are people that literally are buying 1000 cards of one player that will go gold. They are losing money and they need to make it more of a lottery/crap shoot. Take Andrus for example, if they are more hit and miss people won't go all in on investments that should be a for sure. They aren't upgrading those who should deserve it, more dark horses now like Simmons, no one sees that coming so no one turns a profit, what does happen is that people buy 50 Elvis Andrus and then sell them back to the game when his price drops 50% after he doesn't go gold, market and SDS wins that way. I don't think it's an evil scheme or it's out of malice, it's just simply what it is. They upgraded him only 2 overall because now that buys them another 3 weeks of not having to upgrade his card to diamond.

I think you vastly overestimate them. They've upgraded plenty of "obvious" people who people have thousands of, they just haven't upgraded the ones you have apparently stocked up on yet. And Andrelton Simmons wasn't remotely a dark horse, he's had a fantastic season and many, many people will have invested in him, just not you apparently.

They do deliberately limit the number of diamonds, but that's pretty sensible, it would be madness if they were constantly upgrading and downgrading people between the two tiers every other week.

I don't think you realise the sheer quantity of stubs out there, a few hundred thousand from investments is neither here nor there. They aren't trying to sell stubs to the investor type player anyway, so they are irrelevant to their profits.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I think you vastly overestimate them. They've upgraded plenty of "obvious" people who people have thousands of, they just haven't upgraded the ones you have apparently stocked up on yet. And Andrelton Simmons wasn't remotely a dark horse, he's had a fantastic season and many, many people will have invested in him, just not you apparently.

They do deliberately limit the number of diamonds, but that's pretty sensible, it would be madness if they were constantly upgrading and downgrading people between the two tiers every other week.

I don't think you realise the sheer quantity of stubs out there, a few hundred thousand from investments is neither here nor there. They aren't trying to sell stubs to the investor type player anyway, so they are irrelevant to their profits.

You say that now but this guy made a million stubs off Devinski. You don't think 1000 other people did this? What do you think happens to a market that's pouring out billions of stubs that are infinite, the value just decreases and decreases and everything goes out of whack. Say what you want but SDS is getting hit hard by these investors and they are taking thorough notice. People don't buy stubs anymore, this game is losing money.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #28
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
You say that now but this guy made a million stubs off Devinski. You don't think 1000 other people did this? What do you think happens to a market that's pouring out billions of stubs that are infinite, the value just decreases and decreases and everything goes out of whack. Say what you want but SDS is getting hit hard by these investors and they are taking thorough notice. People don't buy stubs anymore, this game is losing money.

Does that not completely undermine you point though? They upgraded a player who they really didn't have to despite a lot of people having thousands of him? They also just upgraded Cutch who people had gazillions of, Fulmer who anyone with half a brain could see would go gold at some point, Correa who again was incredibly obvious and various others.

And no, thousands of people didn't have 1000 Chris Devenski's. I think you vastly overestimate how many people play this game and how many of them commit that much to investments.

"people aren't buying stubs and more and the game is losing money". You seem to be just making stuff up now. Unless you have some secret source telling you this is the case, as I suspect you don't. People buying thousands in investments isn't new this year, so they haven't suddenly changed something to deal with this new scourge that is apparently robbing them.

The vast, vast, vast majority of the community don't go on forums or reddit, or invest heavily in thousands of the same players. They play casually and spend money on stubs every now and then. That's who stub sales are aimed at, not hardcore players
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #29
Rookie

This was at the beginning of the year back when it wasn't hitting.
I'm not saying it's a problem for SDS now I'm just saying they for sure see it as a growing problem. I just think you underestimate how many people actually invest like this. It really isn't hard you just look at all the 84's and pick. Our opinions obviously differ, I guess the only way to tell is if SDS actually changes the market,upgrades, or bidding system that makes investing more difficult.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
This was at the beginning of the year back when it wasn't hitting.
I'm not saying it's a problem for SDS now I'm just saying they for sure see it as a growing problem. I just think you underestimate how many people actually invest like this. It really isn't hard you just look at all the 84's and pick. Our opinions obviously differ, I guess the only way to tell is if SDS actually changes the market,upgrades, or bidding system that makes investing more difficult.

Also I wasn't making truth claims so I wasn't making anything up, I was hypothesizing.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 2

You know the upgrades take awhile because they're formula based right? They use previous years stats so that players aren't adjusted as an overreaction. That's what the IE boosts are for. They have to prove prolonged production. No one is trying to screw you out of money.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 10:09 PM   #32
Rookie

I know there is a formula, doesn't mean they have to abide by it. They aren't trying to screw us out of money they are trying to prevent themselves from losing money. It's almost comical at the fact that you guys dot realize it's a business that is constantly weighing their profit margin. Bottom of the line is more and more people are investing like this and SDS can look at the meta narrative of how much people are spending, who is buying what cards and how many, how many packs are being bought and what it they know ALL the numbers so they know exactly what's going to happen when they upgrade or downgrade and how it will effect them long term. If you look at Andrus stats over the past three years (which is how far back SDS looks in their formula) offensively/defensively, their age (which they also look at) and the current stats Andrus is better in every category.
So to say that Simmons was upgraded and not Andrus solely on formula and not the impact on the market is ignorant. SDS has to set the precedent that mass investing on players who are almost a surety to go gold will not work and they are doing this by picking and choosing who gets upgraded in hopes that it will discourage mass investments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »