Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: New Program, New Packs, New Diamonds

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: New Program, New Packs, New Diamonds within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Diamond Dynasty Update: New Program, New Packs, New Diamonds

It's a massive Friday update for Diamond Dynasty as the Hanley Ramirez Program was released, the May Monthly Awards Pack came out, the Set 6 packs were released, and the first big roster update in weeks has altered quite a few players.

Starting with the Hanley Ramirez Program, it functions much like the Roy Oswalt Program where you will be able to accomplish all the goals in online or offline games. The toughest portions of the Program to complete will be the 210 fielding assists with primary shortstops, and racking up 336 plate appearances with Impact Veteran hitters while completing certain hitting milestones. The fielding assists mission can be shortened a bit if you can find primary shortstops that play other positions, but otherwise it's just going to take playing some games. The 50 percent reward for this Program is a Rookie Hyun-Jin Ryu (84 overall), and the 100 percent reward is an Impact Veteran Hanley Ramirez (93).

The May Monthly Awards Pack is limited to one per person, costs 20,000 Stubs, and like every month, there is only a limited supply of them available to be purchased. The players in these packs (you are guaranteed to get one) are Alex Wood (94), Devon Travis (88), Zack Cozart (89), Justin Bour (90), and Koda Glover (86). The other Monthly Awards player is Lance McCullers (93), and he is available in the Ticket Store for 3,000 Tickets. The final reward if you can collect all 6 players and complete the other missions is a Carlos Correa (94).

As for other new players released today, you will find them in a couple different spots. If you check your Events missions, you will find that you can redeem an All-Star Tyler Clippard (87) for free. In the Ticket Store, you will find All-Star Jonathan Papelbon (87), Hardware Neftali Feliz (86), and All-Star Jason Grilli (87). The two new players in the Set 6 packs released are Impact Veteran Paul Molitor (96) and All-Star Dave Winfield (94).

Now getting on to the roster update, we had quite a few big names moving between tiers, with the Nationals and Astros being the winners this week (and the Cubs being the losers).

Moving Up

Diamond: Zack Greinke (91), Dallas Keuchel (90)

Gold: Anthony Rendon (87), Chris Devenski (86), Will Harris (86), Ryan Zimmerman (86), George Springer (86), Yasmani Grandal (85) -- Carlos Correa also improved his gold status moving up to an 89.

Silver: Yonder Alonso (83), Tommy Kahnle (83), Jedd Gyorko (82), Corey Knebel (82), Danny Salazar (82), Joe Smith (82), Sean Manaea (81), Chase Anderson (80), Scooter Gennett (80), Dan Straily (80).

Moving Down

Gold: Jon Lester (87), Jake Arrieta (87)

Silver: Gerrit Cole (84), Kyle Hendricks (84), Kelvin Herrera (83), Matt Carpenter (81)

Bronze: Alex Gordon (79), Jonathan Villar (79), Kyle Barraclough (79), Albert Pujols (79), Ryan Buchter (78), Maikel Franco (78), Victor Martinez (78)

Finally, below you can see images of all the new players who were added to the game today:

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: New Program, New Packs, New Diamonds

That Correa is nice looking.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Keep the offline programs coming...
Old 06-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Putting 27 walks in is a big time dick move
Old 06-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Putting 27 walks in is a big time dick move
I learned to get walks on the Eric Thames monthly. Put the game on All-Star, and play a team with a bad overall rotation like the White Sox or Reds(And pray you don't get Quintana). NEVER swing at a pitch if you have less than 2 strikes. I don't care if it's a slider right down the middle. Your goal is 27 walks, and a dinger is not a walk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
I learned to get walks on the Eric Thames monthly. Put the game on All-Star, and play a team with a bad overall rotation like the White Sox or Reds(And pray you don't get Quintana). NEVER swing at a pitch if you have less than 2 strikes. I don't care if it's a slider right down the middle. Your goal is 27 walks, and a dinger is not a walk.
Yes but you obviously realize how ridiculous and not fun that is.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yes but you obviously realize how ridiculous and not fun that is.
Man people whine and cry that stuff isn't completed offline. The they release an offline 100% completion program and now it's complaints about walks? How can you not draw walks offline in this game?

If the complaint is that it's not fun to draw walks then maybe forget the program. I think it's great that they are doing this and off line games are ultra easy so why not make things difficult?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
Man people whine and cry that stuff isn't completed offline. The they release an offline 100% completion program and now it's complaints about walks? How can you not draw walks offline in this game?

If the complaint is that it's not fun to draw walks then maybe forget the program. I think it's great that they are doing this and off line games are ultra easy so why not make things difficult?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Ah the old make an assumption because of a complaint thing. Id guarantee I have more walks in this game than you, but that isnt the point. Its a dick move and they know it. Hence why we didnt see walks in any of the other programs, yet its probably easier walking online than it is against the cpu. Also, IV players are the most under-represented of all the various classes of throwbacks. This game isnt tuned towards being able to accumulate walks at an appropriate rate. You can hit 20 homers in 4-5 games or so for the most part. Its going to take many many more games to pile up 27 walks. Its extremely unbalanced.

Where did I say its not fun to take walks? If youre gonna try to come at what I say, have some reading comprehension.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »