Home

I can't do anything good on conquest!!

This is a discussion on I can't do anything good on conquest!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #9
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't do anything good on conquest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
Everyone's advice did not help me at all. Not only did I suck, but I literally also got defeated completely.
You guys said to put a lot of fans in one territory. Well it's kind of hard to do that when you lose a lot of simulated games, territories and fans while playing. The highest I was able to put in a territory was like 14.
just out of curiosity but what is your team built like? that may also could be a reason why you could be struggling.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
just out of curiosity but what is your team built like? that may also could be a reason why you could be struggling.
I mentioned it in a previous post. Check there.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

I probably just don't have a chance at beating conquest at all. I'm losing a lot of fans which is keeping from having a good territory to attack with. Nobody's advice is working for me. Watching Youtube videos doesn't work. Having to wait so long for other teams to finish their attacking even when I press the square button is making me mad. All of this is unfortunate, because I love collecting Flashback and Legend cards and if I can't collect the ones from Conquest it just makes me upset. I don't even care about finishing it in a certain number of moves, because there's no reward for that. I just want to beat it once for the 10 pack and the Conquest missions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #12
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
I probably just don't have a chance at beating conquest at all. I'm losing a lot of fans which is keeping from having a good territory to attack with. Nobody's advice is working for me. Watching Youtube videos doesn't work. Having to wait so long for other teams to finish their attacking even when I press the square button is making me mad. All of this is unfortunate, because I love collecting Flashback and Legend cards and if I can't collect the ones from Conquest it just makes me upset. I don't even care about finishing it in a certain number of moves, because there's no reward for that. I just want to beat it once for the 10 pack and the Conquest missions.

Then just play out every game and win? I don't understand. Conquest is an annoying mode at times, but if you're capable of winning games vs. cpu everyone should be able to complete it one way or another. If you don't care about how long it takes, play all the games out. Can't understand how "everyone's advice doesn't work" for you. People literally have provided detailed explanations of how to beat the mode and it works; I just did it without any trouble.

This isn't really a problem that many people have, so just calm down and keep trying. I promise you it's not nearly as difficult as you seem to be making it. There's no possible way that anyone with any clue about how to play the game could completely fail to win conquest. It's designed to be rather easily won if you put in the time.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #13
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

I guess I'll just try to complete it, but I need a favor from you guys. When you beat conquest, who was in your lineup, rotation and bullpen, if you remember? I'll try my best to copy your roster to the best of my ability.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

From what I remember, I had Carlos Santana, Mark Trumbo, Asdrubal Cabrera, Brock Holt, Impact Veteran Dante Bichette, Christian Yelich, and possibly Freddie Freeman at the time(Though you really could just use Santana there instead of C like I did).
Old 06-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #15
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Alright, if this helps, this is a picture of my conquest map. It's far from perfect, I haven't actually been trying to win conquest this time I've mainly just been messing around playing games for stats, but you should be able to see the plan.

You get a big square in the north and center(not getting into a single fight until you run out of empty squares available), take Colorado to make that square bigger, then expand to the west into Seattle territory. I could have taken them but haven't bothered yet, but last turn I used my army to charge down to Arizona, making sure to be 2 squares wide in my chain to stop them breaking through it and preventing me from reinforcing next to their base.

I've put all my guys next to their base, all I need to do now is beat them and head south and I've trapped the entire West coast. It's mine now. From there, the game is won, I'm not surrounded anymore and only have to fight on one front, making the battle just a long slog where my big army charges forwards and takes giant swathes of territories every turn until I eventually win.

The key is getting to that north west coast so you aren't surrounded, then it's simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #16
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
I guess I'll just try to complete it, but I need a favor from you guys. When you beat conquest, who was in your lineup, rotation and bullpen, if you remember? I'll try my best to copy your roster to the best of my ability.
Do you really think we all had the same team? lol cmon dude, youre being awfully dramatic with all of this. its not that hard

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »