Home

I can't do anything good on conquest!!

This is a discussion on I can't do anything good on conquest!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #17
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't do anything good on conquest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Alright, if this helps, this is a picture of my conquest map. It's far from perfect, I haven't actually been trying to win conquest this time I've mainly just been messing around playing games for stats, but you should be able to see the plan.

You get a big square in the north and center(not getting into a single fight until you run out of empty squares available), take Colorado to make that square bigger, then expand to the west into Seattle territory. I could have taken them but haven't bothered yet, but last turn I used my army to charge down to Arizona, making sure to be 2 squares wide in my chain to stop them breaking through it and preventing me from reinforcing next to their base.

I've put all my guys next to their base, all I need to do now is beat them and head south and I've trapped the entire West coast. It's mine now. From there, the game is won, I'm not surrounded anymore and only have to fight on one front, making the battle just a long slog where my big army charges forwards and takes giant swathes of territories every turn until I eventually win.

The key is getting to that north west coast so you aren't surrounded, then it's simple.
I take a fairly different approach, I mostly just stack one hexagon and go right at strongholds and just keep reloading that lead hexagon and attacking. I start with Col, go Northwest, go down the west coast and make my way to texas. Once Ive taken out a section, ill fill in all the empty spots. So for example once I take out Col, Seattle and all those west coast teams, Ill try to back fill all the empty spots to get more reinforcements, but not until then. Then Ill have a large chunk of the map and I take out Texas, at that point I usually split my reinforcements and go up to take out all the central teams and start making my way towards Florida. I continue to back fill empty spots in sections then make my towards Northeast once I have most of the map filled.

I usually try to leave 5 or so in each stronghold and Ive never had a problem getting attacked or taken over at all.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I take a fairly different approach, I mostly just stack one hexagon and go right at strongholds and just keep reloading that lead hexagon and attacking. I start with Col, go Northwest, go down the west coast and make my way to texas. Once Ive taken out a section, ill fill in all the empty spots. So for example once I take out Col, Seattle and all those west coast teams, Ill try to back fill all the empty spots to get more reinforcements, but not until then. Then Ill have a large chunk of the map and I take out Texas, at that point I usually split my reinforcements and go up to take out all the central teams and start making my way towards Florida. I continue to back fill empty spots in sections then make my towards Northeast once I have most of the map filled.

I usually try to leave 5 or so in each stronghold and Ive never had a problem getting attacked or taken over at all.
Filling in the empty squares gest you more reinforcements though, it makes a huge difference to how easy it is. If you're willing to beat the computer on higher difficulties, you can just charge at strongholds, but given that the guy is struggling with conquest I was kind of assuming he might prefer veteran or even rookie difficulty when possible

As for leaving men at strongholds, I don't bother, I don't think there is any need. In the past two years I must have completed conquest 10 or maybe even 15 times and only had the computer attack one of my strongholds once.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Conquest gave me less trouble than last year since I knew what to expect. I just swallowed up the Rockies first and made my way over to the west coast while keeping just enough fans in the border territories to dissuade any attacks. I won a high % of my "steal fans" games on HOF, which nets you 4 M per win, and over time I had enough fans to overpower everything. I didn't need to play a single non-stronghold "attack" game - the odds were good enough that I just let them sim.

You have to pay attention at the "reinforce" phase because that's when the AI will have placed their fans in preparation to attack, and you need to move enough fans into your adjacent territories to keep them from taking you over. Other than that it's just taking as many open territories you can at the beginning, and winning enough of the steal games. Even AS wins on steal games will get you 3M which is still going to help tremendously, and most teams of all silvers should be able to handle that. Above all, don't skip those games - they are your key to getting ahead in this mode and eventually winning.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #20
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Do you really think we all had the same team? lol cmon dude, youre being awfully dramatic with all of this. its not that hard
I know you all didn't have the same team. I want to try out different rosters for it, because even though my roster has a few diamonds and many golds, I'm still losing like 75-80 percent of my simulated games.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #21
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
I know you all didn't have the same team. I want to try out different rosters for it, because even though my roster has a few diamonds and many golds, I'm still losing like 75-80 percent of my simulated games.
I don't know what you mean by this, what kind of simulated games are you losing 80% of? Are you fighting 1 on 1, or are you using an army of 10+ guys against 1 or 2 and somehow still losing all of your 10 guys? Because you shouldn't be getting into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fights, you will lose. You want the odds stacked in your favour by having a large stack of guys.

For the record, I don't think your team has any impact whatsoever on your sim game success rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #22
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Ok, checked my guest account and this is much more like what I actually aim to do, other than the charge out to the Tampa Bay territory. Get that top left corner locked down. From here, the game is won

Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #23
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by this, what kind of simulated games are you losing 80% of? Are you fighting 1 on 1, or are you using an army of 10+ guys against 1 or 2 and somehow still losing all of your 10 guys? Because you shouldn't be getting into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fights, you will lose. You want the odds stacked in your favour by having a large stack of guys.

For the record, I don't think your team has any impact whatsoever on your sim game success rate.

I can't figure out what his issue could possibly be. Constantly griping about how he can't win conquest without really offering an explanation of what's going on other than "I'm losing my games, your advice doesn't work." Is he just messing with us at this point?

People offer foolproof advice and then he says it doesn't work because he can't win a simulated game? It's virtually impossible to lose 80% of your simulated games unless, like you said, you're just playing 1v1 sims. And even then you probably wouldn't lose 80% of the time.

If you can beat the CPU with any type of consistency you won't lose conquest, that's just the bottom line.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 PM   #24
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Ok, checked my guest account and this is much more like what I actually aim to do, other than the charge out to the Tampa Bay territory. Get that top left corner locked down. From here, the game is won

Loving the highway to Rookie Chris Archer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »