Home

Comedy fielding thread

This is a discussion on Comedy fielding thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:23 AM   #9
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Comedy fielding thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Just came across this on Reddit. How is this acceptable in any way, shape or form?

https://youtu.be/nqlV-h7HCSU

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
And it's those same terrible animations that have been in the game for like a decade.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #10
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Rough day for the Dbaccks defence

Made beating them on All Star a bit easier. Honestly never seen anything like it, they were just throwing it away left, right and center
Old 07-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #11
Pro

shark547's Arena

My problem isn't actual errors. It's things like this....

batter hits a ball all most to my pitcher...he runs at it and over runs it so the 56 speed guy is safe at first......The computer teams pitchers stop grab and throw all in one motion to get 96 speed Trea Turner at first....

Next one....man on first...pitcher squares to bunt...Goldschmidt fields a rocket...Dives at the pitcher for the tag for no reason....misses....and lays there...even though he had all day to get up and make the out.

Howie Kendrick catches the ball at second and decides he is gonna run to second base for the out...and doesn't make it...leaving me with bases loaded and 2 outs....then the ump squeezes me on two strikes in the zone and I throw a splitter in the dirt...oh wait, even though I timed it correctly it is right in the middle of the strike zone....double......

Speaking of bunts....why when they rocket the ball to my 3rd baseman is he lollypopping balls to first and not getting the out....the firstbasemen is waiting on the bag.....no reason for it.

Why is every line drive I hit the pitcher with now stopping at their feet for an easy out? Doesn't work that way for my defense. The computer gets on all most every time when they hit my pitcher.

All of these things happened to me last night....on All Star which is all ready super hard for me since I can't hardly hit a fastball in time. I use autofielding so I really don't get why the computer teams play with some common sense and my guys don't.

Not errors...but still comedy...even if I wanted to choke someone....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 2

Lol that video. At first I thought "what's the problem guys make errors like that all the time" 30 seconds later..."oh, I see the problem"

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Just came across this on Reddit. How is this acceptable in any way, shape or form?

https://youtu.be/nqlV-h7HCSU

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You know what bothers me even more about that? If I try to trigger a slide to keep the ball in front of me, I just dive over it or sometimes I slide and the ball gets through anyway.. It's as if the game decided I was going to miss this ball, and made sure the game's world revolved around that decision, forcing the outcome it desired. That and the "Oh crap the ball is coming my way, I'll stand perfectly still until it's far too late" are the two worst possible outcomes of non guaranteed home runs
Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #14
Pro

shark547's Arena

I can add one from last night....man on first....Goldy fields a hard grounder...drops it...picks it up...and even though he is about 2 feet from first fires to second where he had no chance....no out on the play....

I forgot to add in my above post that the double was the opposing pitcher...after my pitcher missed his spots by a foot and a half the first two pitches.....a ground rule double...down the right field line....that was in the air forever.....yet my RF was no where near catching it....lol
Old 07-29-2017, 11:28 PM   #15
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I just lost a game because of 3 fielding error in a row with 2 outs one to the pitcher one to the lf were it him in the head and one to the cf were it hit him in the head.I know they're is no come back logic but when things happen like this in the ninth during a ranked season game how can I not be frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #16
Pro

shark547's Arena

Wowsers...i got a new one.....

First Goldy fields a rocket bunt from the pitcher....takes a second...then decides to throw to second to start the dp....granted the delay in the decision makes the dp impossible...ok no big deal...at least he got the lead runner...

Then this....next batter hits a hard grounder to first...Goldy fields the ball literally right next to the bag...turns and throws...to Ervin Santana...who is half way in between the mound and first.....WUT? then Santana runs a few feet towards first and lollipops the throw to Goldy at first and barely gets the runner....this one chaps my bottom because the computer is hitting like crazy this game and i can't so I am willing to bet I lose this game.....just because....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »