Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #1153
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedaussie
How is it possible that the diamond Alomar is ten times worse than his gold and silver ? Seriously it's a joke that someone with 118 contact and 97 vision gets nothing but little pissy dribblers every at bat but real life scrubs like Gallo are better than Babe Ruth.
Because for some unknown reason in this years game contact means nothing. It’s sll about power. Any card I’ve used that’s high contact low power does nothing but use a card with super low contact and high power....ala Joey Gallo, and you can hit balls all over and out of the yard. I’ve resorted to using mostly only High Power guys and using only power swing. Everything about hitting in this game is backwards this year.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #1154
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Completed Alomar and Larkin, but am 5% short on Jackie and 10% short on Ripken. Don't really think I'll bother spending the 20k each to get the immortals as the way this game plays, neither looks particularly special.

I've unlocked the diamond cards for Thomas and Snider, who's missions are all I need to 100% Griffey and Pujols. I even bit the bullet and bought all the 3rd baseman and Braves hats required for Chipper, but I'm way behind on the 3B stats as I wasn't sure I'd bother. About halfway through the catcher stats and have Piazza all sorted. Pitching wise I don't really care as pitchers don't seem to make a huge difference imo, not to the point where I'm grind 200 saves or 700k's. I've almost unlocked the final CC just by using the pitchers I need to complete my 8,9 and 10th team epics, but beyond that meh.

Really don't know what's left after getting these immortals though, I'll probably just pack it all in and start Ni No Kuni 2
Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #1155
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Completed Alomar and Larkin, but am 5% short on Jackie and 10% short on Ripken. Don't really think I'll bother spending the 20k each to get the immortals as the way this game plays, neither looks particularly special.

I've unlocked the diamond cards for Thomas and Snider, who's missions are all I need to 100% Griffey and Pujols. I even bit the bullet and bought all the 3rd baseman and Braves hats required for Chipper, but I'm way behind on the 3B stats as I wasn't sure I'd bother. About halfway through the catcher stats and have Piazza all sorted. Pitching wise I don't really care as pitchers don't seem to make a huge difference imo, not to the point where I'm grind 200 saves or 700k's. I've almost unlocked the final CC just by using the pitchers I need to complete my 8,9 and 10th team epics, but beyond that meh.

Really don't know what's left after getting these immortals though, I'll probably just pack it all in and start Ni No Kuni 2
Yeah I keep asking myself that too. I thought this immortal thing was a horrible idea from the get go so Im not surprised that I keep finding myself asking what to do once I finish the ones Im going for. Theres no way to make my team better once I do and it kinda kills the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #1156
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yeah I keep asking myself that too. I thought this immortal thing was a horrible idea from the get go so Im not surprised that I keep finding myself asking what to do once I finish the ones Im going for. Theres no way to make my team better once I do and it kinda kills the mode.
Exactly. I can't improve my team, but also what would I do with it? Play online against other immortal teams in the dumpster fire that is online on this game? No ta. It's at the point where I really don't know why I'm doing any of this tbh.

But on the plus side, I just sold a daily mission silver Phillies hat for 6500 stubs, bafflingly. That's more than any gold player on the game is worth and a pretty damning indicator of what this game has become all about.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #1157
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
This ruined EA HUT....an already flawed game. In NHL 18 HUT by February everyone had teams rated 95-99 and I lost all incentive to improve my team. Funny thing is if you did play a team with much lower rated players they seemed to gain a magic boost and a guy with 88 speed would be twice as fast as your 99 speed guy. I suspect we will see similar issues as it is some gold and silver cards play better than diamonds...
Old 07-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #1158
MVP

ph33's Arena

I guess it kind of depends on why you play the game, right? Because I also thought they took too long to release immortals, but you guys also make a point where once your team is so good, what's the point of playing?

Time to find our purposes! lol

I think I just liked building my team and then playing against randoms. As much as I hate playing online sometimes, it IS the reason I keep going back to it. Playing the CPU can be a drag and I really love playing against a live human because I like seeing if I can pick up tendencies and whoop *** over time. That's my muse though.

But yeah....once September rolls around, it's probably a GG for me then
Old 07-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #1159
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I guess it kind of depends on why you play the game, right? Because I also thought they took too long to release immortals, but you guys also make a point where once your team is so good, what's the point of playing?

Time to find our purposes! lol

I think I just liked building my team and then playing against randoms. As much as I hate playing online sometimes, it IS the reason I keep going back to it. Playing the CPU can be a drag and I really love playing against a live human because I like seeing if I can pick up tendencies and whoop *** over time. That's my muse though.

But yeah....once September rolls around, it's probably a GG for me then
I also agree with you though. I think its stupid to put them in the game, but since they did, they probably ccould have put them out earlier, definitely not later.

The introductions of tons of 99 overalls in all other ultimate team type modes are exactly what has driven me away from them.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #1160
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Been trying to hit a triple with Dee Gordon so I can finish Marlins team epic for a couple days. Cant do it. I just hit a triple with Jake Arrietta though, because its easier to hit a triple with a pitcher than it is with a high contact/no power guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »