Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #1161
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

I messed up so bad. I'm on the trail of the Trout, and I've got over 420K in the bank. I put all my bankroll into a bid for the elusive Fishman, but within minutes I was outbid by several other people. I realized it's going to take more than that to catch this whopper. So I canceled my bid and started hunting for cards to flip. Check back awhile later and I see three Trouts got sold very quickly for below market value, including one to a bidder who was below me when I had my bid in. If I would have just let my bid sit there, I'd have the Fishman...but he continues to elude me and I'm filled with a deep dark shame. Brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #1162
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I messed up so bad. I'm on the trail of the Trout, and I've got over 420K in the bank. I put all my bankroll into a bid for the elusive Fishman, but within minutes I was outbid by several other people. I realized it's going to take more than that to catch this whopper. So I canceled my bid and started hunting for cards to flip. Check back awhile later and I see three Trouts got sold very quickly for below market value, including one to a bidder who was below me when I had my bid in. If I would have just let my bid sit there, I'd have the Fishman...but he continues to elude me and I'm filled with a deep dark shame. Brutal.
I have the stubs for Mark Tilapia, but I just can't find a way to pull the trigger.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #1163
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
Update...I've landed the Fishman! I sold Gagne to get some extra stubs to up my bid. He ended up costing me 433K, which is more than I would've gotten him for earlier, but less than I thought I'd have to pay originally. I'm only 10K away from reacquiring Gagne and completing my team until another Indians legend drops, but who knows if that will even happen or when. So pumped!
Old 07-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #1164
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I also landed Trout for 434,000. My brain told me to wait until the end of the stub sake and let his price dip below 400,000 again but I’m no longer saving up for anything just grinding so i did it.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #1165
MVP

ph33's Arena

welcome to the club boys, enjoy that cheat code while you got him

I was also curious to ask you guys that use zone hitting. do you place your left thumb at the bottom of the joystick or on the center?

I feel like I've been hitting better on center (Using thumb to cover the center). used to control the wheel from the very bottom

Last edited by ph33; 07-16-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #1166
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

6 Immortals don't guarantee Wins!!!

Went like 3-2 tonight with my stacked lineup. I just hung a couple that were hit out. Then I lose a game 4-2 when I outhit them 10-5. Some really lame base running stuff and a couple bad animations killed me.

Still got up to CS...not sure I'll even mess with going for WS or not.

Unlocked Nen today...might be done grinding for a while!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-17-2018, 03:13 AM   #1167
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
welcome to the club boys, enjoy that cheat code while you got him

I was also curious to ask you guys that use zone hitting. do you place your left thumb at the bottom of the joystick or on the center?

I feel like I've been hitting better on center (Using thumb to cover the center). used to control the wheel from the very bottom
Usually just bottom, but if I notice im over-moving it, Ill adjust and cover the center with it. Gives me better control, or maybe im just being more focused when I do it.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #1168
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
6 Immortals don't guarantee Wins!!!

Went like 3-2 tonight with my stacked lineup. I just hung a couple that were hit out. Then I lose a game 4-2 when I outhit them 10-5. Some really lame base running stuff and a couple bad animations killed me.

Still got up to CS...not sure I'll even mess with going for WS or not.

Unlocked Nen today...might be done grinding for a while!
I hope this doesn’t become like EA NHL HUT. Once I finally stacked my team with top cards I lost more than won. Quite often I would dominate time of possession, time of attack, and outshoot my opponent 33-5 but lose 3-2....this seemed to take place when you played someone with a lesser team. Quite frustrating

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »