Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #1313
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

damn it looks like we aren't getting any new content this week

I have 385,000 stubs just chilling. it's hard watching that just lying around........
Old 08-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #1314
Pro

Got Immortal Seaver! Time to jump back into RS after a week off. Sitting in the low 700s, so still plenty of time to make my move.

Grinding against the CPU on Rookie has continuously diminishing returns, so barring an insane Indians reward from the new Conquest Destiny coming next Friday, I can't see myself even bothering. Now that I've said that, I bet they put 98 ovr Gaylord Perry as a reward haha
Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #1315
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Two complaints that we’ve discussed a bit but really irking me lately.

In 10 RS games I had the same 2 starters picked in all 10. One started 7 of them including 5 in a row. Now I’m grinding against the CPU again and the same pitcher has been selected 6 games straight. I moved my rotation around and replaced that pitcher in my rotation and sure enough they select that pitcher. I have 2 mission pitchers in my rotation and they have not been selected once. FIX THIS SDS

second.....I can successfully steal 95% of the time unless.......I need steals for a mission then the CPU will pick me off or gun me down 75% of the time. Such BS

Rant over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #1316
MVP

ph33's Arena

lol been up and down in RS so much. I keep getting close to WS and then will lose a few in a row

and the saddest thing is that I no longer feel anything when I take an L. I can't tell if this is good or bad. I have choked leads in the last 2 innings at least 5 times this month. it's been incredible.

I just want my stubs so I can pack-suicide

Last edited by ph33; 08-19-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1317
MVP

ph33's Arena

Had my "Time to delete this trash" moment this morning.

Up by 2 in the bottom 8th, and my opponent has runners on the corners with no outs. I caught a popup in the infield for the first out, and thought to myself "Make sure he doesn't try to send a guy from first to second to bait you so 3rd can go home"

Sure enough, he tries to pull this "trick". Keep in mind, this is with two guys with 40 speed on the bases. I was ready. So instead of throwing home immediately, I had my second baseman run towards his runner so I wouldn't get caught in the long throwing animation either way. Well, it turns out all he just did was have his second baseman stop in the middle of the run to throw me off. Seeing this was his audible, I threw to home immediately....except my 2B decides to take an entire century to get a throw off, and Johnny Bench was able to get home.

Next pitch --- he hits to the outfield. Routine flyball.

Immortal ****ing Griffey errors on it. He gets another run in.

THERE IS NO MOTHER****ING SCENARIO IN ANY WORLD OF BASEBALL WHERE SOMEONE SHOULD EVEN CONSIDER ADVANCING RUNNERS ON AN INFIELD POP UP. WHAT THE ACTUAL **** SDS. I SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO PICK MY POISON IN THAT SITUATION.

Yep, it's time. They already got my $. The worst thing I can do is to keep giving this trash my light of day.

Yall let me know when you ready to have a pack suicide party. It's over for me.

/RAGE
Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #1318
Banned

OVR: 27

Online hitting in this game has always been trash. I gave up on the little DD I played months ago.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #1319
MVP

ph33's Arena

Well, I sucked it up and finally got to WS last night...and of course, my final game had to be 15 goddamn innings.

Right now I have 412k in stubs. I still have Scherzer, the DeGrom I pulled last night, and Trout. That should get me close to 900k. And then I'll get my WS rewards...anywhere between 40-70k for that, probably.

In other words, I hope yall ready for the imminent 1000 pack opening, although I'll admit I kind of want to wait for when they double the number of packs you get in bundles....
Old 08-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #1320
Pro

Jumped back into RS this morning and got to Championship series with three straight wins! Probably my second most satisfying day of actual gameplay. First game I was down 4-1 in the 9th and put a 4-spot on the board (thank you Diamond Edwin!) to pull out the improbable victory. Then I faced Immortal Gibson for the first time and made the guy quit when I hit two bombs in the first (Griffey and Edwin again).

That got me to 780, and I ended up matched up against a World Series player (according to his nameplate) with a mostly Immortal squad and Immortal Seaver on the mound. Thankfully my Immortal Nolan Ryan was up to the task. Went 7 strong and gave up just 1 run with 10 Ks. Then Gagne came in to shut things down in the 8th and 9th. All my runs off homers again (Napoli and Griffey) in a 3-1 win. That got me to 820. After the game I saw my opponent was in the 940s, so easily the highest ranked player I've ever beaten. Pretty pumped! I feel like I have a realistic shot at World Series this month.

Last edited by Nickstank; 08-20-2018 at 12:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »