Home

Can't you set a lineup vs LHP and RHP?

This is a discussion on Can't you set a lineup vs LHP and RHP? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't you set a lineup vs LHP and RHP?

I didn't play last year but the year before you could do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Ruffychu's Arena

Re: Can't you set a lineup vs LHP and RHP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonalloyd
I didn't play last year but the year before you could do that.
No you can't set lineups for each side unfortunately. This is to make your lineups more diverse and put more thought into it. I just wish we could have separate lineups for the 1000 missions available

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah they changed that in '15.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: Can't you set a lineup vs LHP and RHP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffychu
No you can't set lineups for each side unfortunately. This is to make your lineups more diverse and put more thought into it. I just wish we could have separate lineups for the 1000 missions available

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I really hated this change and was hoping it would go back to the way it used to be this year...or just let us set lineups versus LHP and RHP ahead of time. You have to set your active roster before going in a game, so I try to have a balanced roster, with both left and right handed hitters. But I would usually platoon a couple positions and now I really can't. Just dumb. If this is to stop online players from quitting games, there has to be a better way. Give players a loss if they quit game. I primarily play against the CPU and I really like being able to have different lineups versus LHP or RHP. I was able to start different lineups due to knowing the handedness of the opposing starting pitcher and this change has really hurt the enjoyment of the single player DD games for me...and I am sure many others.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

This is one thing I truly hate for a few reasons. One it’s a major part baseball setting your line up based on the pitcher your facing. It’s not supposed to be suprise. Two the random pitching selection has been a mess for awhile now. I’ve played 7 ranked season games so far and had one pitcher pitch 5 of the 7 games including 3 in a row.....the same pitcher has also pitched 4 of my 6 vs CPU ganes so out of 5 starters I have had the same one pitch 9 of 13 ganes. It should simply be a rotation no matter what you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #6
Pro

shark547's Arena

or like now when I have 4 player cards for missions and none of them can hit lefties....lose them all pinch hitting...and then the computer switches to a RHP....

Maybe make 3 lineups Left and right vs computer

One for PVP
Old 03-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #7
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I still think you should be able to set LHP/RHP lineups within the context of a single roster. So you build your team, but if you're against a righty, you have Joe Torre at first, and the other guy on the bench, and vice versa,
Old 03-25-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
This is one thing I truly hate for a few reasons. One it’s a major part baseball setting your line up based on the pitcher your facing. It’s not supposed to be suprise. Two the random pitching selection has been a mess for awhile now. I’ve played 7 ranked season games so far and had one pitcher pitch 5 of the 7 games including 3 in a row.....the same pitcher has also pitched 4 of my 6 vs CPU ganes so out of 5 starters I have had the same one pitch 9 of 13 ganes. It should simply be a rotation no matter what you play.
In an ideal world, we could have actual rotations and different lineups, but in reality, that just doesn't work. The online community being what it is makes those things basically impossible to pull off. Whether it's stacking a lineup full of lefties and backing out when you actually have to face a LHP or manipulating your rotation so that one or two pitchers pitch at all times makes those things impossible.

For every one person that would play things out as they go, there are 20 that would do anything they could to manipulate things to their advantage. That's why we're in this position to begin with: because the community forced their (the developers) hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »